Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Private scan in Central - costs?

katef Guest
    As an update, I went to move my appointment forward at Tsan Yuk yesterday and they confirmed that the OSCAR test is free if you're an HKID holder and that it doesn't matter that I am under 35.

charade is offline Registered User
    That is so weird... why did I get charged? Hmph!

katef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by charade View Post
    That is so weird... why did I get charged? Hmph!
    Oh no - now I feel bad for mentioning it!! Sorry!
    That is a bit odd. Do you live in Western District? That's the only thing I can think that might make a difference?

charade is offline Registered User
    No I did the scan at Queen Elizabeth. And the info they gave me at the public hospital I do my checks in (Tseung Kwan O) clearly said it's only free for over 35... but anyone under 35 can call and arrange the appointment themselves. Maybe they just changed the rules... mine was done a few months ago.

katef Guest
    Well, I think I'll double-check that in case I got the wrong end of the stick when she said it was free!

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    We used Dr Jenny Ng in Melbourne Plaza for our checkup/scans. She charged us $600 each visit, of which we paid $120 and our insurance covered the rest. She is with Quality Healthcare so there was no forms or claims for us, the clinic arranges it directly with the insurer which was nice,

The visits included an ultrasound each time, as well as urine & mother blood tests on different occasions. We also had the OSCAR test after 12 weeks. We have had four visits so far, and waited 5-10 minutes every time which was fine. Her manner is reasonable, no nonsense but answered every question we had to our satisfaction.

The only bad point for us is we asked her to book Matilda for us, which she did on time (9 weeks!) but Matilda simply refused the booking. I guess they give preference to their favourite obgyns, however I was surprised we didn't even get on to a waiting list booking as early as nine weeks. This isn't a reflection on Dr Ng, just something to consider if you want to give birth at Matilda. In the end, we decided we were happier to continue with Dr Ng and we booked the HK Sanatorium instead.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234