What kind of a dog?
- 10-18-2010, 01:22 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
I totally agree with the poster who says it's not just about the breed. A golden retriever recently attacked our dog and bit her really badly and nearly bit me too! It's also about how well you socialise the dog once you get it and how much effort you put in. I highly recommend a book called "the Perfect Puppy" by Gwen Bailey. Anyone buying a puppy needs to really spend time on training as it's the only way you will end up with a nice dog to have around (a bit like children?!) We have a cairn terrier, of the terriers they have a reputation for being great with kids, but we also checked out the breeder really carefully. I think you can get great dogs from the rescue places here, but you need to be careful and do a trial to be sure.
- By kmerrick in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
- By Buckeroo in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 2Last Post: 05-07-2009, 06:18 PM
- By jaetee in forum Baby TalkReplies: 5Last Post: 03-22-2009, 11:06 PM
- By sfnative in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 1Last Post: 05-27-2008, 02:32 AM
- By andyNZ in forum Helper ForumsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-30-2008, 10:36 PM