Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Traveling with 2 year old in a taxi -- options? sit n' stroll?

juliechuang is offline Registered User

Traveling with 2 year old in a taxi -- options? sit n' stroll?

Dear Parents,

Is there a good and safe option out there for taking a two year old around in a taxi?

My son is over 20 pounds and he's too young for a booster seat. I've searched around and nothing seems to be a good option unless I'm missing something.

Has anyone had experience with the Sit n' Stroll product in HK cabs? Are the seat belts long enough to secure the stroller?

Thanks for any and all suggestions. It's so frustrating and scary to take a little on in a cab!

Mad Dash Mom

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i know it's perhaps not the safest, but for short trips i just hold on to her in the cab and if the driver is really reckless then I tell him i've changed destinations and stop as soon as possible and get out - I don't bother complaining cause i'm scared he'll get pissed and drive even more recklessly. but overall i think the taxis are quite safe here...at least that's what i think from my experiences...

Portia is offline Registered User
    Did you consider a harness like the Joey Safe Freedom Ride? http://www.joey-safe.com/info.htm That's the only thing I can think of that might work for someone of your LO's size. When he's a bit older, the Trunki booster seat might be good for you. I bought one for my three year old to use it taxis and am happy with it. When it's not being used as a booster, you can wear it on your back as a backpack.

mela is offline Registered User
    Hi

I use a car seat with attached trolley which I think is called go go kids - got it from B"B - it works great and I'm a firm believer in car seats. No matter what the driver is like there are lenty of stupid drivers around who drive like maniacs. I do however only take it if I travel from A to B and dont need a pram/walk too far. For everything else I take the bus - I'm lucky as there are quite a number of buses around me. I hear your pain tho it's such a dillemma here as not many people have/need cars with a permanetnt car seats.
    I did hear some good reviews of the joey safe above.

baffelly is offline Registered User
    I just strap my son with regular seatbelt with my hand on his chest, or hold him on my lap securely.
    Posted via Mobile Device

lalligirl is offline Registered User
    I also use the freedom ride mentioned by Portia. I think i've seen them in bumps to babes. it can be a bit tricky to put on, especially if you have a 'runner' but after a few practices it gets quicker & easier! best to have it on well before you get in the cab!