Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

April 2011 Moms

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Stanley Market is a GREAT place to get baby clothes!!!

babyblue#1 is offline Registered User
    sounds like a lot of people are getting sick... i m one of them right now.. suffering from flu and feels horrible..
    i think i m getting a bit of pre natal depression.. feels like crying all the time especially my husband doesnt understand and he is going away for work for 3 weeks.. and feeling insecure as well.. ( i was never like that before pregnancy...)

Babyblue#1, don't worry, it's sooo normal. Our hormones make us a little crazy. I was always feeling insecure during my first pregnancy and this time a little bit too when my husband is even out for the night...it's weird, but normal...I was not an insecure. We are trying to provide the best future for our unborn bubs so it's natural for us to be even more protective of having our partner around. My husband found the Expectant Father a really good read and it explains their and our emotional and physical changes during pregnancy. The flu sounds horrible!!!! Did you get the flu shot? My doctor recommended it this time, but I didn't get it last time...so not sure f I want it or not. I have a cold right now but it's not so bad right now.

mariac is offline Registered User
    banane76 i have actually been looking for good recommendations for books for my husband to read. where can i get a copy of Expectant Father? is it available in HK?

does anyone else have any other general recommendations for books to read for either mother or father-to-be or both?

rani is offline Administrator
    Expectant Father is an excellent book. My husband enjoyed it and we've actually given it to friends as a gift.

We sell it on ShopinHK
    http://www.shopinhk.com/the-expectan...r-8115412.html

We also bought it at Dymocks, but good to know that shopinhk has it as well too. That was a good read and hubby enjoyed it because he felt a bit more included. That's probably the best read for the hubby. I also really liked Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. It gives you a very positive look at natural childbirth and nice positive birth stories to read plus some very good information about some of the medications/interventions you might be faced with. Just gives you some confidence in yourself as a mom doing something millions of moms have already done. Another good book is by the Super Nanny Jo Frost...very straightforward and useful advice. WE also got the baby whisperer and the Gina Ford book...

babyblue#1 is offline Registered User
    thanks banane for ur support...
    my husband finally left for his business trip and i miss him a lot for sure.. never used to be like that so it must be the baby mood!
    but i m feeling better now after knowing my mum is coming to macau for few times to look after me and it makes me realise i have to be stronger for my boy...
    this is my first pregnancy and still doesnt feel too real exept for still having morning sickness and a bit of the bump which people just think i m fat LOL.
    but i dun understand some people.. like my husband's boss... she is about 38 and single.. even since she knew i was pregnant she kept sending my husband on business trip while she knows i need him here... and of cos.. i dun have the right to tell him not to go or quit his job.
    she even told my husband that next year he will be travelling at lease once every month and 2 weeks each time, i seriously dunno wat to do, what if he is on business trip when my water break or about to give birth? just the thought of it is stressing me out so much..
    i got quite sick and nearly blacked out yesterday and thats how my husband start paying a bit of attention to me instead of his laptop and our dog...
    and also, i have a gf who is 20+ weeks pregnant and she used to be a heavy smoker b4 pregnancy but quitted immediately after knew she's pregnant. but i found out recently she's been having a few puffs a day which i m sure is not healthy... but doctor in HK told her it's ok to have few puffs?? is it true?

mavislohsp is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies, finally I am back to HK again but flu has caught me right after I stepped down from the plane! Am still having lots of phlegm and coughing :( Had tried TCM for 2 days and are going to see them again tomorrow...
    babyblue, don't worry too much, it must be the hormone that make you fragile, I did get that sometimes. Try calling friends or family members to chat with them, it helps!

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast