Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

April 2011 Moms

mariac is offline Registered User
    babyblue i also think it's totally normal for you to feel isolated when your husband isn't around. do you have close friends around you who might come stay with you when your husband is away? of course we are here to chat or share private messages with anytime but nothing beats real company.

btw, i'm not sure which doctor your friend is seeing but it doesn't sound to me like taking a few puffs of a cigarette is healthy simply because it's an addictive habit and staying away from it completely is the only way to avoid the temptation/addiction. at the end of the day your friend probably knows this and what she is doing is out of her own choice.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hey Babyblue, I agree with Mariac, I don't know any doctor who would ok any pregnant mom to having a few puffs of cigarette while pregnant. My doctor doesn't even like any alcohol during pregnancy...too many risks come with those 2 things...smoking increases low birth weight amongst other health problems. Why would you want to set your child up with any chance of problems when there are so many for normal healthy moms? HOwever, you can't make anyone stop so it's their choice for exposing their baby to that risk.

Ladies I'm very confused. My bump always looks a little flatter in the mornings but gets bigger and rounder by afternoon/evening. Is this normal? Has anyone (who is 18 weeks along) started feeling kicks yet? I'm still feeling flutters and little taps and pushes but a friend who is 18 weeks tells me her baby is kicking!

babyblue#1 is offline Registered User
    mariac, my bump is the same too.. always a little flatter in the mornings but bigger in arvo.. i guess it's about b4 and after food here.
    i had been feeling flutters couple weeks ago and this week i've been getting more and more flutters.. but not strong enough to determine as a kick.
    i had been sick the since thursday and last friday i went to the doctor and he said i have flu and fever, also my heartbeat was up to 120 and my bp was high too ( my heartbeat and bp's always normal).. advised me if my fever doesnt go down then i have to go to the emergency.
    luckily the fever went down but my heartbeat is still going at around 100, i can feel the pumping sometimes and it makes me hard to breathe. and maybe thats why i slept thru the whole 2 days.
    is it normal to have heartbeat to around 100? should i be concerned? i m still feeling tired and just wanna lay on bed.
    for the smoking, i used to be a smoker b4 i was pregnant, but stopped as soon as my pregnancy test was positive. i remember my husband said to me that it's very selfish for mums to be to smoke and i totally agree to it. i have no craving for smoke wat so ever.. i m not trying to say i m good but just found it really unbelievable and sad to have frds smoking along the pregnancy while she knows exactly it's not good..

Hey everyone! We had our 20week scan today and all looks good so far. Starting last night, I'm feeling tons of kicks now...all night last night and again when I sit down in the evening...lots of action! It's great, I love it. Don't worry Maria, the kicks will get more obvious! This is my second and it's just started getting obvious now. I don't know what the normail heartrate is, but I haven't had any issues. Babyblue, did you get the flu shot? I'm debating...didn't get it last time so not sure if I want to this time. That's great you quit smoking...it's a personal choice of course, but I always think, why take the risk for your baby's health to keep smoking...addiction is a difficult thing though. Hope you feel better from your flu.

How is everyone else doing? My cold is much better! Baby girl still a bit coughy and stuffed up, but she's a lot better.

Violet A is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone!
    I am doing well. I hit 20 weeks today - half way! I also did my 19 weeks scan and everything went well and the doc said it is 100% boy - a great news for my hubby who's been dreaming of playing cricket, AFL (or many other sports) with his own son.
    Maria - I agree with Banane - I think I only felt the 'kicks' around 21 weeks mark with my frist; although this time around, I have started feeling them last couple of days.
    I have finally decided to do some exercise and have booked to do a yoga session this Saturday - is anyone else doing pregnancy yoga?? how's everyone sleeping!

hi everyone, great to hear that everyone's 19/20 week scans are turning out well. is this the morphology scan? i have mine coming up this saturday! i'm both excited and nervous.

babyblue - i'm not too sure what's going on with your accelerated heartbeat but i've read as well as heard from my doctor that once in a while it is normal for a pregnant woman to feel a faster heartbeat because their system is making and pumping more and more blood. i felt it once or twice in the first trimester but it went away shortly. you should really clarify with your doctor if it is chronic.

violet A - i started pregnancy yoga last week. so far it's been fine though i wish the class was a bit more interactive. also i try to do the postures in an extra-gentle manner. i don't push myself hard. where are you doing it? i go to pure yoga in tst. as for sleeping, i'm always tired enough to sleep, but i have to pee frequently and this wakes me up every two hours so the sleep is broken. :(

Hey Ladies, I've only been to one prenatal yoga class last month...just haven't had the time and it's been good. I go to the Pure in Central. Just listen to your body and go with how you feel. I like to take it easy as it's a good chance to breathe and relax. Good luck Maria on your scan today! Yup it's the morphology scan and the doc says it's a boy! I can't believe we're halfway now!

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast