Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

April 2011 Moms

mavislohsp is offline Registered User
    Hi mariac, when I catch a cold earlier on, I tired traditional chinese medicine (TCM), according to some friends, it is milder. I didn't take vitamin C since I am taking TCM. It did help to release the running nose and coughing... But if you are not comfortable with TCM, banana76's tips is a good idea, you may add on the garlic pill as well and not forget to take lots of water, and rest. Do take care, it is going to be colder soon.

By the way, there are some morning when I tried to clear my nose (I have sensitive nose), some blood are notice in the mucus when I clear my nose passage. I wonder is it because the weather is too dry for my nose because I did experience this when I am on my vacation in Europe during winter. Did anyone experience this during their pregnancy?

babyblue#1 is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone..
    i had my structure scan last friday and everything was perfect until my OB said there's a white dot called echogenic focus in my son's left heart! which is a soft marker for down syndrome. but she said if it is isolated and without any other markers then about 90% it will be fine and will dissolve itself before the baby's born without further complication in heart..
    i was feeling totally fine until my husband insist i should have amnio done..
    upset for like a day not because i m scared to have amnio or baby would have downs but scared about the miscarriage..
    but finally.. i had it done yesterday morning... i was scared to death especially i was all by myself with no support with hubby! but it went just fine.. a bit of pain during the process but felt just fine after. up til this morning i have no pain no complication and my little bean has been moving around non stop which is a good sign!
    picking up my result on thursday i so hope everything will be fine!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    That's great news Babyblue! It must have been very nervewracking, but glad you are doing well and feeling fine. It is drier outside now so be careful. You can try to keep the nasal passages moist with a saline spray, or I use a netipot and make my own salt water. You can get the saline spray in any drugstore and a friend who is also pregnant suggested it and it's been helping her...it can also keep those bugs away too!

mariac is offline Registered User
    banane76 - thanks a lot for the tip on how to acquire the grapefruit seed extract - i'll keep in mind for the future. i think i have escaped from a cold this time. i used the neti pot, took lots of ginger, lemon and honey with warm water and used a humidifier at night to decongest and that seemed to do the trick. feeling fine now except a little nasal dryness.

babyblue - i really think you are a strong and brave woman. i truly hope that everything works out well for you but no matter what happens, please know that you always have support here. please keep us posted!

btw, does anyone else worry about getting ultrasounds every month? there are some websites that suggest that they may be dangerous to baby when used frequently and others that suggest that they are totally safe. i really don't know what to believe...but it still worries me to hear these things!

babyblue#1 is offline Registered User
    Thanks banane76 and mariac!
    my preliminary results of amnio came back this morning.. which shows 4 pairs of chromosomes are normal. which means my boy is highly unlikely will have T13, T18 and T21 ( down syndrome)... although this is not a 100% results but at lease its a 98% chance that i am having a perfectly healthy boy... THANK GOD!!!
    i couldnt sleep much, couldnt eat much for the last couple of days and now.. thats it!!! im gonna eat a whole ton of food and sleep!!!
    Mariac, i m not worry about getting ultrasounds frequently... i had like 7 ultrasounds already since preg and i actually enjoy going to ultrasounds since i get to see my little boy there.. i was worried too so i did some research and asked my OB but from what i heard and found it's totally safe for babies. Hope this help~

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Wow, we are all having boys! During my 1st pregnancy, there were way more girls :) Must be the timing...lol. So glad you can eat and sleep now babyblue! That must be a huge weight off your shoulders! Sometimes I worry about the ultrasounds too. I'm probably going to make a few appts with Hulda at Annerley after my next appt and ask my doctor when the key appts with him are so I can reduce a couple more scans. I skipped the 16 week just cause I felt it wasn't necessary. First time around, I was so excited each time that I didn't want to skip the scans.

congratulations babyblue - i have a feeling your baby will be just fine so stop worrying and start enjoying! :)

banane76, i know what you mean. the scans are exciting, but i've been skipping some too just 'cause i'm not entirely comfortable. thankfully my doctor has the option of doppler although i've been to Annerley and they're great too.

btw, banane76 - does your facility offer head and shoulder massage for pregnant women? i could really use one!

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast