Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

April 2011 Moms

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Oh for sure! We have pregnancy cushions to adapt for the table so your belly has room to grow. I find them comfy because it's nice to be able to go in a different position from lying on your side all of the time.

mariac is offline Registered User
    Ladies, does anyone know of an over-the-counter antacid called gaviscon? apparently it's the same as tums which are available in the U.S. and safe during pregnancy. i heard that gaviscon is available in any pharmacy in London but not sure about HK. I can't take this heartburn anymore! My doctor suggested something called gastrogel which is also supposed to be safe but I've never heard of it before.

babyblue#1 is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot Banane and Mariac, surely i feel so much happier than before!

Mariac, u should be able to buy gaviscon over the counter in pharmacies in HK as it's all over the commercial on TV.. sometimes i cant talk my heartburn too and the only thing i do, is to drink cold soda water and it helps a lot!
    i had been feeling my baby moves around like crazy since 19 weeks and last night, i felt a big kick and move when i put my hand on my tummy and freaks me out thought there's an alien in there! and i wonder.. is it normal to feel the baby moves at where the public bones are? isnt that a bit low down?

forsieg is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

I'm expecting my first on april 9th :O) but I won't be moving to Hong Kong until the middle of Feb. Do you mind if I join in on the conversations until Feb? I hope we can meet up in Feb (when our bumps will definately be showing ;o)) I didn't actually start showing until week 19 (now in week 23) and didn't feel anything until week 21 - very strange experience.
    I've been drinking hot water with some diced fresh ginger and a slice of lemon nearly every morning and I haven't had any nausia or indigestion or heart burn......it's worth a try.

Take care everyone (be happy it's -12 degrees and snowing when I am in Germany ;O))

Violet A is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies!
    Welcome Forsieg! of course you can join us! We are moving to Taikooshing next Thursday - any of you live nearby Taikooshing? I am having a hard time with my daugther (almost 18 months) at the moment, she has never been a good sleeper but she's getting worse and I am finding it very tough to bend down to pat her to sleep now that my belly is big!
    My belly is quite low.. so no heartburns for me yet!

I think we're gonna be moving to Tung Chung in the new year, but would still love to meet up. I totally understand Violet about the patting with a belly. It's getting harder. I've resorted to the dummy a couple times, but my little one is still only 11 months. Maybe consult with the Annerley Sleep clinic? It might be just a little tweaking is needed in her schedule? I felt a tiny bit of heartburn today, but I think I ate too much. Feeling lots of movement now at 24 weeks. Right now we're living near central but will be away for a bit during the holidays. Welcome Forseig and hope you can keep warm!

Violet A is offline Registered User
    Hi Banane76
    We are moving from Coastal Skyline in Tung Chung to Taikooshing! if you have any questions about TC, please let me know. We enjoyed living here for 6 months but since my husband's new job is in Quarry Bay, we have decided to move closer to his work.
    We've seen professionals about our daughter's sleep issues - but I find it really tough to stick it ouw with the crying out method/ letting her cry and calming her down every few minutes - especially in the middle of the night - so stupidly we are just suffering at the moment. Sigh!
    Anyway laldies, hope to meet with you all soon!

Hey Violet! Yeah, that makes sense to be living in Taikooshing. We need more space but don't want to pay more since we're in HK side and the rent keeps going up! We're thinking of Caribbean Coast. That's crappy about the sleep thing. Crying it out is really hard. Is she getting more teeth? My daughter has a terrible cough right now so that sometimes wakes her up...if she cries less than 5 min, we leave her...if it escalates too much, then I go in and give her a dummy because I think it's the cough. HOpe she gets better with her sleep. It's hard when you need the extra rest.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast