Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

April 2011 Moms

wakwa is offline Registered User
    My due date is 28th april and i leave in Lantau island any mom to be in this area that would like to meet for coffee or lunch?

mariac is offline Registered User
    hi ladies, hope everyone is feeling good as they near the end of their last trimesters. i went for my 6 month check-up yesterday and touchwood, everything looks good. but i received some very upsetting news as far as hospital booking goes. I am currently seeing a private doctor who I went to in my 9th week. They assured me they were going to get me a place in Matilda since my doctor is a resident doctor there. A couple weeks later they informed me that Matilda had just filled up for April and that I was the first or second person on the waiting list. I asked them if I should make an alternate booking but they assured me that they had an excellent track record and that as long as I was patient for a couple months, the booking would come through.

So for the past three months I went to my doctor for regular check-ups and each time they assured me that everything would be fine, that is, until today. Now they are suddenly no longer sure of it because apparently Matilda is having some "management issues and staffing problems" so the hospital is even starting to turn away a few patients with prior bookings. Obviously, this reduces the chances of those on the waiting list!

I am devastated because at 24 weeks, I am probably too late to get a bed at either Adventist or Sanatorium and even if I do, I probably won't be able to deliver with my current doctor. I live in Kowloon, so Queen Mary is not an option for me either. I think Queen Elizabeth is an option as far as public goes but I don't think it's that good and definitely not expat-friendly.

If anyone has any advice for me, please please let me know. If you happen to know any good doctors at Adventist or Sanatorium or Canossa or any other private hospital then please let me know so maybe I can try to see them. And of course, if you had any experiences at Queen Elizabeth or know anyone who does, please share!

Hi mariac,

I was born in Hong Kong, so I know the publics' system very well. Yes, you right, lot of publics in HK are not expat-friendly. Would you like to try my doctor in Tsuen Wan? He is at Adventist, but Chinese doctor
    Anyway, I think you'd better give Adventist a call first, see do they still have a seat for you and make the deposit HK$3000 immediately. Good Luck

btw, I am expecting my first baby on May. 5, am very bored recently
    Any moms to be would like to meet for barbecue buffet at Mei Foo, starting from 6:00pm to 11:00pm (can leave early), just HK$98/person (Weekday) and super yummy. Just let me know, tks!
    Last edited by carmen.workshop; 12-27-2010 at 03:03 PM.

mavislohsp is offline Registered User
    Mariac, have u ever consider Baptist Hospital? This is a private Hospital too... It is at Kowloon area, maybe you can give a ring to them? I can give you my gyne's contact if you r interested...

mariac is offline Registered User
    yeah this is getting very confusing. there seem to be two threads that say Moms Due April-June!

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    Different years. 2010 and 2011. Looks like a few people have posted in the wrong place recentl
    Posted via Mobile Device

rani is offline Administrator
    have moved the threads to the 2011 group.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hey Mariac, I'm seeing Dr. Patrick Chan and he delivers at Canossa, Adventist and Matilda. You can try him?

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast