Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

April 2011 Moms

mariac is offline Registered User
    babyblue you are in a tough situation for sure. i love dogs but i know that if i get one, i will not want to separate him/her from me ever. it will be a lifetime commitment to the best of my ability. lots of people manage a dog with a baby and it sounds like your dog is low-maintenance. it's only the first 3/4 months that will be hard and after that you'll start taking baby for walks as well so you can take the dog then? however, i cannot comment on the no-pets policy in your new building as well as the policies regarding shipping her to HK. those are things you should think about carefully and rationally. i sympathize with you fully though.

babyblue#1 is offline Registered User
    Thanks Mariac, i m glad that i m getting supports here more than what i get from people around me... i have made an agreement to myself that if i can't find a good home or responsible owner to take care of her, then she is coming with me. I would rather have more work on myself then having regrets for the rest of my life. or even try to get someone to look after her for me for the 1-2 months until i settle with baby then she can come back home with us...still about 2 weeks to go for me to find somebody ( i m not trying but my husband is asking his colleagues if anybody wants to keep her).. i still cant stop crying....

banane76 is offline Registered User
    How will you transport her to HK? I think animals have to be quarantined for a reason to prevent foreign bugs and such from coming in the country so I don't know how you would "smuggle" her in. I would be careful about sneaking animals into a no pets policy apartment. You might face some problems as even though she is quiet and very well behaved, if someone found out, they might let management know. That's great you have an aunt that will help out 3 times a week. It will be an adjustment for the dog when baby arrives so it's a good idea to slowly introduce the baby to dog anyway. Good luck Babyblue! It's hard to part with an animal because they are your family.

babyblue#1 is offline Registered User
    well i am not quite sure how those people transport her. But they said it takes overnight.
    last night we have one of our friends coming in to have a look at her, i know my friend will be able to provide a much better home for her, with plenty of time with her at lease she wont be lonely. I have been so emotional since yesterday and non stop crying since last night.. i really hope my friend will say no to me about taking my dog.. i m such a selfish person here..

Violet A is offline Registered User
    Hello everyone!

Not long to go! Are we all ready!? nervous??!! scared!!?? I am told my baby is already 3.7kgs at last week's check up when I was 37 weeks. It's a big baby!!

Hope all are doing well and looking forward to hearing the good news soon April mums!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hey Violet,
    Will be 39 weeks this week...eek! I was told 3 weeks ago my baby was 3.2kg and we have our checkup with the private doctor again today. So, I'm expecting my baby is around the same as yours. Mariac had her baby just last week. I'll let her share the details. How are you feeling? I'm really hoping this baby is coming soon...nervous of course, even though this is number 2, but I'm sure we'll all be good! Good luck to you and everyone!!!

mavislohsp is offline Registered User
    Hi hi everyone,

Wow! We are going to meet our baby soon, that's really fast!

I am 36 weeks now and my baby weight 2.66 kgs. Congratulations to Mariac, hope to hear from her again soon! Good luck to all of us and keep in touch!!

forsieg is offline Registered User
    Hi "April" mums :o)

I hope you don't mind me butting in on your group but I've only been in HK since 24th Feb and haven't managed to really make contact with other expecting females. I'm actually due next week! It would however be nice to meet up with anyone who has time for a coffee/tea in the Central area on Thursday 31st or Friday 1st April. Failing that because it is pretty short notice for you all - it would be lovely if we could organise a getogether when our little ones have been born :o)
    Take care everyone,
    Ang

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast