Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

April 2011 Moms

Violet A is offline Registered User
    Hey Bababe76,
    Due to the baby size doctor wanted to induce me at 39 weeks - anyway, when the baby's heartbeat dropped during the induction/ labour, they advised me to have the emergency c-section. I wish I didn't but at the end of the day, the baby's healthy and I am recovering well.
    I had my son's check up yesterday and he's already 4.5kgs! (he was born on the 31st of March) at 2 weeks!
    I am breastfeeding and I guess my son likes the milk!
    Good luck Mavislohsp!!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    That's all that matters Violet. They were talking induction with me too, but then one doctor at QMH said let's give it one more week and then he came, a day early!

mavislohsp is offline Registered User
    Thanks Violet! 3 more days to my due date, still not feeling anything yet, except for some clear discharge from virginal. I hope it is coming soon, finger crossed! :)

My discharge before the day baby came was a bit thicker...more mucousy.

Hi Banane76,

Thanks for sharing, my discharge also mucousy type, has been carried on for few days, but that's it. Day before my MIL called and asked about the progress, and mentioned about meconium, she has really freaking me off and I end up sleepless and crying non-stop on that night. :( I know she is just out of concern, but I really don't like to be remind of those negative things, I rather stay optimistic.

Anyway, I am going to see doctor this afternoon and with the movement of my baby I am pretty confidence baby is ok.

Hey Mavislohsp,
    How was your checkup? You would know it was meconium if it was a funky smell and weird colour. Don't stress about it unless that happens. The mucous is totally normal! HOpe all is well and is baby moving? Don't stress and stay positive like you have!

Hi banane76, violet and all April Mom,

My visit on 21 April showed that my amniotic fluid has reduced and doctor said if I don't deliver in the next 2 days I will need to admit to hospital to induce on 23rd morning. Therefore I 'discussed' with my baby on that night to come out naturally in coming 2 days if possible. Guess what, I delivered my baby boy on 22rd Apr! He is a small baby, 2.8kgs. Went to check up yesterday and he is 3.02kgs now! I am breast -feeding too!

Congrats Mavislohsp! That's great that you "talked" to your baby into coming naturally! It's much better than having an induction. They were talking about inducing me too, and I ate lots of watermelon, papaya and pineapple, got foot massages and my baby came one day early. They wanted to induce because he was a big baby. I'm so glad he came on his own and no epidural either! That's great he's gaining weight too! Good job on the breastfeeding!!!

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast