Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

When to process a new helper?

crystal88 is offline Registered User

When to process a new helper?

Hi,

My current one will expire her contract Dec. 22nd, i have found a new helper, when is the earliest that i can start processing her documents? do i need to inform the immigration (at the same time) that i won't renew the current one?

Thanks.

rani is offline Administrator
    You can start the paperwork 1-month before her contract expires. She does need a release letter from her employer which you need to submit to immigration along with the contract and other supporting documents. However, most employers will only give the release letter, on the last day of employment. But as she's completing her contract immigration will accept a release letter from the helper instead.

Also, I don't think you need to inform immigration that you are not renewing your current helper's contract. When you fill out the new helper's paperwork make sure you check the box confirming she is a replacing your current helper.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Hi Rani,

Thanks for your reply. You are right, it's 1 month before for finished contract and i don't need to inform immigration as i can check box that it is replacement.

But sorry, i forgot to mention on my post that i will be getting a terminated helper, the agency said i can process even 2 months before for this case, immigration will allow that as it takes 6-8 weeks if she's back to Philippines.

Good luck to me that she is a better helper :yeah2.