Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

surveillance camera at home...?

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

surveillance camera at home...?

i really don't want to get one but my hubby is insisting after what happened this morning.

after waving "bye" to bubba who was standing by the metal gate with helper behind him, i went to wait for a bus to work but realised i had left my purse at home. i rang my helper (who is a bit deaf even though she denies being partially deaf) who didn't pick up my calls so when i got to the lift outside my flat, guess who was standing by the lift? - my son!!

i called out to the helper who was in the kitchen preparing lunch and she quickly picked him up and took him inside. i grabbed my purse and told her to look after him properly! she just said that she'd locked the metal gate before going to the kitchen......i think i was too mad/shocked to say anything else and i was running late to work too.

after breaking 100s of things in the flat, her excuse is always "i didn't mean it to happen!" and that also without an apology but i let it be as long as my son is well looked after. i wish i could afford to look after him myself!

my hubby got vexed after hearing this incident so he is really insisting to get a surveillance camera. i am still kind of against it coz i wouldn't like it if it was me under the spot but he said that it is "mainly" to check how our son is doing! can any of you please recommend me a good one with price and from where i can buy it?

cheers!

shuchisingh is offline Registered User
    wow... i would have got a new helper not camera...

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    she is leaving us in 2-3 months as she is getting a HK dependent visa. just need to bear with her for few months.

(hubby still wants to get a surveillance camera anyhoo!)

sandy0741 is offline Registered User
    If I were you, I would just get someone else to look after him, and you said she is staying for 3 more months, I won't just feel comfortable to leave my son with her even a second.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    What will a camera do for you? Even if you decide to sit at work and watch the entire time, if the woman is careless she will be careless on video. The camera wont help you one bit.

You've got 2 choices: Trust her to do the right thing and leave the little one with her OR you've lost complete trust and seperate the 2. Camera is really not the answer for this.

HC

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I think the cost of setting up the camera for just a few months will outweigh the benefits. And then what, you can watch her not taking care of your child properly?
    Since you already know she kinda sucks, and she obviously has support here in hk as she is getting the visa, i would fire her immediately, and get a professional temp while you process a new helper.
    I'm not against cameras, maybe you can just have one anyway for the next helper too. How can we know who to trust with our babies?

hkmom1 is offline Registered User
    We have cameras in our home, but we don't use them because we don't trust our helper. It's more for us to see our son when we're not home and miss him, especially traveling. They are great for when you miss him, I would never use them in place of trustworthy help. I love them but we're both at work, we don't have time to monitor and stare at them all day.

I'd say fire the helper now seriously.

jgny is offline Registered User
    * test post redacted *
    Last edited by jgny; 10-23-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast