Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Suggestion please: X'mas party venue for 200 people

OX Jess is offline Registered User

Suggestion please: X'mas party venue for 200 people

I am helping organise a X'mas party for about 60~80 kids but I have trouble finding a 'venue'. Assuming every child will be accompanied by two parents, we need a place where can accommodate around 200 people! I know some hotels can offer such arrangement but they can only do it over lunch/dinner which means they will set up buffets and tables and charge over HK$300 per head, same for adult & child. This is not ideal for us, as we are not really that keen on having a BIG buffet lunch/dinner and some families are concerned about the cost. (If a family of 3 join in, they will have to pay around HK$1,200 in total. I am sure some are not willing to pay that sum). Considering the aim of this party is to get all the kids to come together and have a Super Fun day so the ideal way to do it is to have a 'BIG' place where the grown-ups can arrange some activities and the kids run around and play with each other. Food issue can be solved by ordering some takeaways.

Checked some playgroup venues but they can't accommodate so many people! Headache...

Can anyone please advise a place for this event? Many thanks!
    Last edited by OX Jess; 10-21-2010 at 05:33 PM.

mcdill is offline Registered User
    Maybe one of the clubs like:
    Aberdeen Marina Club
    Hong Kong Cricket Club
    Ladies Recreation Club
    Royal HK Yacht Club

fennho is offline Registered User
    Perhaps check to see if any of tour group residential clubhouse have a big function room/ballroom to rent? Then u can order catering, plan activities etc
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    jess, if you find something, please let me know. i've checked out the LCSD sports/mult-purpose rooms, which are cheap BUT you cannot have food.....i need a place that would accomodate about 130-150 kids plus parents... so, more like 400-500 people for me.... definitely do NOT want $300/person! i'm looking at a lot less.

hey, just an idea.... what about one of the holiday villages? like the po leung kuk holiday camp in sai kung? you can google them, they are much cheaper! only problem would be transportation...

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    Hi, thanks for all the suggestions.

My organising partner has found a place "Spotlight Recreaction Club" (http://www.spotlightclub.com.hk/eng/index.html) which can accommodate around 150 people (child & adults). Admission fee $58/child, HK$118/adult. Food can be ordered and arrangement separately. Anyway, for a place accommodating 400~500 people, I really have no idea myself.