Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

sleep regression

@kaka is offline Registered User

sleep regression

My baby girl is week 16. She is able to smooth herself to sleep after the feed at 7pm for the past 1 month. However, since 8 days ago, she has gone back to her old sleeping habits from when she was 2 months. She starts to cry when I put her down to sleep. When I pick her up, she stops crying. She can scream for 2 hours. There are no changes in daily routine or environment. I wonder what has happened to her?

Andrey

southside852 is offline Registered User
    perhaps growth spurt? hunger? napping schedule still ok? teething? If she is healthy and everything else seems find, I would let her cry it out. By picking her up, you're only perpetuating the problem. She will create a negative sleep association.

If you let her cry it out, it should solve itself in about 3-4 nights. Might sounds harsh, but it's just tough love.

shuchisingh is offline Registered User
    cryout at week 16 is not recommended even by cry-out experts. a baby has to be emotionally able to understand and handle CIO - something which starts happening after 6 months of age (a timeline suggested by ferber himself).

honestly most baby-raising experts (atleast the normal variety) would agree: see the baby is comfortable - not wet, not hungry, not hot, not cold. other than that cuddle. this too shall pass.