Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Breakfast for toddler - need some idea!

sharrie_t is offline Registered User

My almost 3 year old loves my homemade banana muffins, pancakes or french toast with honey (she squeezes it herself), DRY cheerios (or other cereals) with dried cranberries and raisins (it's the sogginess of cereal in milk that she doesn't like), toast with peanut butter and banana, sausage and beans and toast, oatmeal with strawberry jam and honey (makes 'pink porridge'. Maybe you can use blackcurrant or blueberry jam for 'blue porridge' for your son), cereal bars, ham and cheese toastie (firm favourite anytime). Good luck!

lesliefu is offline Registered User

yoghurt with fruit and cereal is something my little one likes too.

OX Jess is offline Registered User

Thanks ladies for all your wonderful suggestions! But well, I lost my temper again this morning with my little one over breakfast and as usual I felt so bad right afterwards! Wish I could be more patient and didn't care if he eats or not. Well, Made him some oatmeal in chocolate milk, he didn't like it and refused to take the 2nd spoon. Then, gave him yoghurt mixed in with banana,, he spit them all out. Gave him bread with peanut butter spread, he didn't like it and spit it out. Wanted to make him some macaroni but after the 3rd attempt I was so TIRED and wound up and ended up raising my voice (VERY BAD I know). Then of course he cried and ran away and still strongly refused to eat (SIGH~) Told myself many times to be "patient" but... yet, I was so frustrated with his constant-no-appetite that I am utterly on the verge of giving the whole thing up. Hmmmmm... I am only having a rant. That's all...

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I have the opinion that a child is not going to starve themselves so if my daughter doesn't want to eat, I don't mind. I'm not going to give her candy or junk food though. If she's hungry (and she will be sooner or later), she can have a banana or something healthy. Some days she eats a LOT for breakfast, other days she hardly touches it. Lately she's been eating really poorly at dinner. But she's still a healthy weight so I don't really mind. She's not going to starve herself and I'm not going to make a big deal about it because that could make the problem worse.

OX Jess is offline Registered User

Thanks nicolejoy for once again reminding me how easy I should take the issue... Thus evening when I got home from work I wad told that son had taken only half bowl of pasta and a bottle of 6oz milk all through the day. That
    was all. Then I took him home and him half an egg yoke and two bites of banana... Then off to bed. I wasn't mad at all. He is still a happy boy with lots of energy... All I can say is I was really lost in a silly way this way this morning. Really shouldn't make it a big deal~~~~ :))
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12