Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tutor Time in Braemar Hill or Island Children Montessori School in Tin Hau???

Biggie is offline Registered User

My 2 yr old has been going to tutor time redhill over a year, just switched to nursery there. He likes it and I like it. The teahers and principal are all very nice and caring. The place is clean and bright, and admin and communications are great too.
    Perhaps googlebaby can elaborate on your bad experience?
    Posted via Mobile Device

wegetable is offline Registered User

I checkout Tutor Time In Braemar Hill couple weeks ago enquring K1 class. The place is very clean and and impressive until I asked to see inside one of the classes. The door opened and I was a little shocked, there were 20 or more in there. The classroom was nice but seemed crowded and too chaotic in there for me. My son is currently going to a nursery that got 10 kids or so and he enjoys the personal attention he is getting. Regarding IMS, I went to elementary school in the exact same location twenty some years ago, it used to be a local govt. school. IMS really remodelled it nicely, it is small but I think it is sufficent for kindergarten and primary. Montessori school works best for kids who are independent. It really depends on how you feel about Montessori teaching. I suggest you go and check both places out and see what kind of feel you get from it.

dmk cheung is offline Registered User

Tutor time: I 100% agree that TT is very commercial. But if you don't mind, it is actually a well organise school. The environment is good and the teachers are nice too. My Daughter stayed there for a year from she was 1years old till 2.
    Island Montessori: I really suggest you to avoid it. I went to a school visit and they are very rude knowing my daughter's age coz there will be no vacancy for her at all, so they don't even border talking to us.
    The environment is also very bad and the classroom is very small and dark. Ventilation is very bad, I think I won't be too happy to let my daughter study there!

dmk cheung is offline Registered User

I think Wegetable has misunderstood. baby09 is talking about Island Montessori, not International Montessori School (IMS), the one in the previous Govt. school is IMS, there is no playgroup in the IMS Tin Hau Campus, IMS is a excellent school with a long waiting list. The one that Baby09 talked about is the small school under the residential building opposite to Art Plus, which as I mentioned above, is terrible!!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I have no idea what you are talking about dmk. My daughter has been there for the past six months and they have been great. The staff have been very helpful and flexible on a number of issues. The school, although small, has a great teacher to student ratio so at least the rooms aren't packed full of kids (they only have 10 kids in the precasa class, with 2 teachers, plus at least another teacher's assistant). The classrooms are bright and I've never noticed any problem with the ventilation. It really sounds like you are talking about a completely different place. I've been nothing but happy with ICMS.

GoogleBaby is offline Registered User

YOu can PM me if you want to know my personal experience... don't want to disclose too much here. But trust me... my experience was awful!!! And in response to WEGETABLE... haha... yes, this school does try to squeeze in as many people as they want... from my experience, for a classroom w/ an originial max capacity of 12, without any changes/expansion of the classroom, they could keep changing the max. capacity to 14, 16, to 18 gradually. Yes, it's that crazy!!

Another incident... as you may know, many schools would help you ordering Scholastics books, and I see the exchange rate (which includes shipping, handling, etc. etc. fee) for many schools are around $11.xx to $12.xx to US$ 1, but this school charges $14.xx, which is a total reap off!! And many many more... and most importantly, they don't offer the education with a heart... I mean... it's ok for them to be 'expensive' and to be 'commercialized', it's a 'free-trade', but at least they need to offer a proper and responsible service, but they don't... sigh...

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Are you talking about Tutor Time? Because all of the above is not true for ICMS.

GoogleBaby is offline Registered User

To: nicolejoy... yes yes yes... I was talking about Tutor Time. Sorry about the confusion... I know nothing about ICMS. :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast