Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Experiences with Prenatal Yoga

mariac is offline Registered User

Experiences with Prenatal Yoga

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to get a feel for who has done/is doing prenatal yoga and what your experience has been thus far. I'm 17 weeks and just tried my first class. I took a really gentle class and everything went fine but I have to say I did feel a lil nervous about doing certain stretches/twists although doctor said it should be fine as long as I don't feel any pain. Btw, I tried the class at Pure Yoga in TST, same place where I did yoga for a few months before I conceived.

So please share experiences/observations with me if you've had any re: prenatal yoga! I'd like to know more before I take another class. Thanks.

Frodo123 is offline Registered User

Hi mariac,

I just joined prenatal yoga at Yoga Room in Sheung Wan. Tuesdays and Thursdays classes are taught by Peggy who is a qualified pre and post-natal yoga instructor. Her classes are slow and gentle which may be more of what you're looking for.

Just make sure your prenatal yoga instructors are qualified / experienced in prenatal yoga as there are certain poses that you need to avoid during pregnancy such as back bends, the cobra pose, head stands, etc. I've been told that I can join regular Hatha yoga classes (I'm only 8-9 weeks), but need to inform the instructor before class starts so that they can give you an alternative pose or to avoid certain poses.

This is my first pregnancy so I don't have previous experience. But I do feel that light, gentle exercises is essential during pregnancy (unless your doctor advises not to).

Hope this helps : )

Frodo123 is offline Registered User

Hi mariac,

I just joined prenatal yoga at Yoga Room in Sheung Wan. Tuesdays and Thursdays classes are taught by Peggy who is a qualified pre and post-natal yoga instructor. Her classes are slow and gentle which may be more of what you're looking for.

Just make sure your prenatal yoga instructors are qualified / experienced in prenatal yoga as there are certain poses that you need to avoid during pregnancy such as back bends, the cobra pose, head stands, etc. I've been told that I can join regular Hatha yoga classes (I'm only 8-9 weeks), but need to inform the instructor before class starts so that they can give you an alternative pose or to avoid certain poses.

This is my first pregnancy so I don't have previous experience. But I do feel that light, gentle exercises is essential during pregnancy (unless your doctor advises not to).

Hope this helps : )

lesliefu is offline Registered User

I did all the prenatal classes at Pure Yoga (Causeway Bay) and the instructors that taught it were very good. At one point in time I actually had a pregnant instructor for the prenatal class which was interesting and also very reassuring to me.