Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Anyone due in July 2011?

Cherina is offline Registered User
    Hello,

Ninimo - I know it's hard working full time even without really bad sickness. I've got my colleagues from the UK here at the moment and it's really tough to keep it quiet. Every time we go out in the evening I have to find a different excuse for not drinking.....

I live on Kowloon side but am planning on booking a hospital in HK because that's where my doc delivers. I heard the Adventist is already fully booked for July so I think it will be the Matilda (just hope the insurance covers it!)
    I visited the Canossa before but didn't really like it. I'm sure the care is great but the building seemed a bit old and claustrophobic for my liking.

Take care both of you, speak soon.

Cherina

RILEY is offline Registered User
    Hi Ninimo and Welcome Cherina,

Yes, its a blessing to not be working although I wish I was closer to family during this time!!! I agree its tough to wait to start buying baby stuff its all sooo cute, but I too am worried about things happening in the early stages. I don't see my doc til week 11 when I'll have my down syndrome test done and I'm already anxious and nervous about it...as I'm 34 I guess the risks tend to be higher, but I hope all will be well and can't wait to reach week 12 : )

Right now my due date is predicted as July 1st, so I may be the first in this club!!! I have already started the process to get into Matilda, but as we don't have insurance we may check out Queen Mary as a back up. The costs are crazy, especially if there are any complications...

I would love to meet you guys as well, I'm free most days and nights so let me know what works best for you both.

I hope everyone is feeling well, I'm just starting to feel better with my nausea. I too have a little belly already, but I think its mostly bloating and an expanding uterus, as the baby is only the size of a raspberrry!!!

Hi Riley,

I know what you mean about the Matilda costs. It's not too bad for just the basic package but it's true that if there are complications it could easily top 100k.
    It just seems so early to have to make the decision about which hospital, after all everything is so uncertain at this early stage. I really with I could wait until after 12 weeks but it's not possible here.

I think I'm about a week behind you, I'm just over 7 weeks now. Glad to hear your morning sickness is easing a bit now. I'm getting a bit sick but nothing too bad. Snacking on saltine crackers or cereal bars seems to help so I've got a stash in my desk at work. I've also developed a craving for mint chocolate, it's weird because I've never been that keen on it before.

I'm really busy this week but might be around on Saturday afternoon. Let me know if either of you want to meet up. you can pm me.

ninimo is offline Registered User
    hi ya girls
    mmorning! sorrie for the late reply! i am ( been) still suffering from a cold/flu!! Its horrible! Sore throat and blocked nose and cant breathe! Worst cant take any tablets or so for it! hubbie caught it and pass it to me! Now we are both sick! but i been resting whole weekend... hopefully it will pass!

i was told cold doesnt pass to baby! i hope not!! how have u girls been?
    i am thinking of goign to hk baptist hospital.. n having the bb there........i am week 8 tomor!!

Hello,
    Ninimo sorry to hear you've been so poorly, it really takes it out of you when you're pregnant. I was ill with a cold a couple of weeks ago and I just stayed in bed the whole day.
    I've got a scan coming up on Friday, I'm really nervous because this is about the point where it went wrong last time. I know there's nothing I can do other than wait and hope but I can't help worrying.
    I'm very busy at work at the moment, don't know if it's a good thing or not. I suppose at least it takes my mind off things.

Have you both booked hospitals yet? I'm hopefully going to book the Matilda but it's not confirmed yet. I hope I can get in because otherwise I'm a bit stuck for options.

RILEY is offline Registered User
    Hi girls,

I hope you're feeling better Ninimo, rest is the best answer!!! Cherina, I apologize for not getting back to you as I haven't been online in a bit...let me know when you're free next so we can all try to meet up : ) Good luck with the scan, I'm sure everything will be great! My next one is the OSCAR test/scan on Dec. 21, I'm VERY nervous about that one and can't wait til its over...

My husband and I tried to view Queen Mary and Matilda over the weekend to mixed reviews. QMH had a tour going on but was strictly in Chinese, so we couldn't understand...when I called to try and book an English tour they told me I had to be an existing patient first, how do I know if I want to be a patient if I can't have a tour of the hospital???? Matilda was more of a hotel then hospital, although the traffic and ride up the peak were horrific!!! I wonder if anyone has delivered on their way up...anyway, the rooms were all booked so we couldn't peak in.

My OB/Gyn has started the process for Matilda and once we're notified they need a $20,000 deposit...decisions, decisions!!!

Let me know what you guys decide, hope everyone is feeling well : )

ninimo is offline Registered User
    hi ya Riley
    am feeling much better today so less of my complaining!
    my ob also told me to book assap... but not 100% firm yet!
    is the oscar scan.. at week 12? thats the big one right?

i be at week 12 by end of dec! i cant wait.. then i can tell every one..
    i am fed up of looking so fat..... as least if i say i am pregnant - thats some excuse!

are u girls still v tired? somehow after hit week 7.5.. i am no long as sleepy or tired , esp at work!
    or maybe the cold hit me too hard, i over slept and feel v energetic!

hope u girls feeling well!

Hello ladies,
    Glad to hear you're feeling better Ninimo. Not tired is a good thing, especially if you're working.
    Have either of you had a flu shot? My doc said I could if I wanted but I haven't so far.

I'm a bit tired but not too bad. Some days I'm just so hungry though, can't seem to eat enough!
    I've got a scan coming up tomorrow so I hope the hunger is a good sign that everything's ok.

I saw the Matilda last week and thought it was really nice, I'm visiting again with my husband tomorrow. I liked the way they encourage you to keep your baby with you all the time, even in the ward rooms. I know many hospitals here only let you stay with your baby in the private rooms. There wasn't much traffic when I went but all the same I hope I don't go into labour in rush hour.

I'm praying the scan is ok tomorrow, I really want to be able to share some good news with my family in the UK this Christmas.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast