Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Anyone due in July 2011?

toasty is offline Registered User
    hi ladies :)

i just found out i'm pregnant a few days ago using a home pregnancy test and confirmed this at the dr's yesterday :) it's a little overwhelming actually, now that it's happened!

i've been doing a little research on this and other websites on hospitals to register at for the birth and originally wanted to go to Queen Mary Hospital as friends have recommended it and people have posted largely positive experiences about it. but as i l now live in Kowloon, i've leaning towards Queen Elizabeth, which also seems to be good.

my GP's given me two referral letters, one for an OB/Gyn in Kowloon (Alice Chan Man Yee), and for an Ob in central (Leslie Lo). have you girls heard of either of these dr's? did you go public or private for your first check up? what do they usually do during these sessions?

i don't actually know how many months i am yet as my period's been irregular, but my estimated due date is 31st July :) i reckon i'm probably about 4 - 5 weeks. i also work full-time but would love to meet up with you gals at some point!
    Last edited by toasty; 12-05-2010 at 11:02 PM.

ninimo is offline Registered User
    welcome toasty! congrats! always great to find out you are BFP!!! I am just turning 9 weeks in a few days time! Body is gettign adjusted to the tiredness - i also work full time! I try to nap sometimes in evenings and at weekends! I am planning to go private - but with no insurance...... planning to book hk baptist..... i am not sure about the public way - or the queen liz hospital! sorrie!

how yr scan go cherina?
    i have my next scan in 1 week, i cant wait for week 12 to be over!
    i am gaining a lot of weight! i look " pregnant and fat"
    i look like 4 months!!! i have gained aronnd 5lbs!!!!!!
    how about you girls?

xxxx

Cherina is offline Registered User
    Hello,
    Wecome Toasty, I'm with a private doc that I found just from researching on the forums here. I've had fertility problems before and tried going with the public health service but it was just a nightmare, didn't get anywhere. But, if you have a straightforward pregnancy I'm sure it's fine. Sorry can't be of any more help.

My 9 week scan was fine, fetus measures about and inch. Just got to keep my fingers crossed for the next few weeks.
    I don't think I look pregnant yet but I have definitely put on a lot of weight, can't stop eating at the moment!

Ninimo, good luck with your scan, let us know how it goes.

RILEY is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

Welcome Toasty to the rollercoaster ride that is pregnancy!!! Glad to hear that your scan went well Cherina and I'm sure yours will be fine too Ninimo!

I had a bit of a freakout myself on Friday. The entire 9 1/2 weeks of my pregnancy were full of nausea and extremely sore boobs...When I woke up on Thurs. all my symptoms were gone and of course searching online freaked me out to possible miscarriage symptoms. I spent all Thurs night stressed out and ran to my doc on Fri. morning. Thank god she saw me and did a scan and everything is perfect! We heard the heartbeat and saw hands and feet : ) I 'm now just past 10 wks and have my OSCAR test booked for the 21st...can't wait til thats over so maybe I can relax!!

Toasty, I visited Queen Mary with my husband and were not impressed. the nurses didn't speak English and there visiting hours are very strict so we're digging into our pockets for Matilda. Let me know if Queen Elizabeth is better, on a positive note, they are supposed to have amazing neonatal care. Good Luck!

hi gals!

thanks for the warm welcome everyone :D

ninimo and cherina, glad to hear that your scans were clear. ninimo, what's a BFP? sorry, i'm new to all this!

riley, what a scare that must have been :/ what is an OSCAR? is that to test for congenital abnormalities in the baby? is this related to the age of the mother at the time of conception? i'm 34 myself and understand that past 35, you're more likely to draw short straws with the baby's health. i'm sure that varies from person to person as well.

i think visiting the hospital is a good idea. i've read that QE is big into mother/father child bonding and promotes fathers being present during delivery. i'm not sure if this also means they can be present in the labour ward prior to delivery. we don't have insurance either and i'm anticipating *fingers crossed* a fairly normal pregnancy, so we're going public :)

i've always had a good appetite, but if i was busy, i could go without eating until dinner. now however, i actually feel light-headed if i don't eat every half hour or so, and the hunger pangs are really sharp! my boobs are killer sore as well. even a sudden gust of wind hurts :/ that said, they're already looking fuller - D cups please! ( a girl can dream!)

Cherina is offline Registered User
    Hello everyone,
    I'll be around in Central/TST on Monday. Anyone free for (decaf)coffee? Maybe elevenses or afternoon tea?
    Let me know, you can pm me for my phone number.

no cherina, sorry. i've got my first check up with a private Ob/Gyn on mon.

ninimo is offline Registered User
    hi Toasty
    how yr first check up go?
    Sorrie cherina.. i also went for my scan too at lunch today! Amost week 10!!! so happy! i could make out the head and body and hands and legs! the hands and legs were moving!!!!! i didnt know u could see that so early!!
    Amazing!! 2 weeks to go and can share with more people!!!

Yeah toasty i get hungry v easily but cant eat much .. so trying to eat more meals a day! but when i get hungry.. its really really hungry. and then i eat .. then i feel like puking! sigh!
    Have you girls gained much weight?
    i have gained like 4-5lbs already!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast