Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Anyone due in July 2011?

Cherina is offline Registered User
    Hi Ninimo,
    Glad your scan went ok. I've got my next one on Monday, will be over 11 weeks by then.
    I haven't weighed myself and I asked my doc to not let me know my weight in my last check up. At this stage I don't want to know, I don't think I'll mind when I've got a big bump but at the moment I just feel a bit fat. I can't stop eating so I've definitely put on a couple of kilos.

toasty is offline Registered User
    hi gals,

i went for my first check up on monday and came out worried. the dr's asked me to come back again next week for another U/S. it turns out that @ an approx. 5.5 weeks, they weren't able to detect a heartbeat. my period's been uncharacteristically irregular lately ( and now i wonder if i hadn't miscarried last month or so) so it's difficult to work out the gestational age with accuracy, but the dr had said i'm in the ok range if it's 5.5 weeks, but i might miscarry if i'm 7 weeks (based on LMD).

at first i was quite devastated. then, i was defiant (how could the dr say that without further quantitative blood testing etc) and now i'm scared.

i was feeling positive that the dr has gotten the gestational age wrong until i got onto a forum of women talking about the U/S results.

but as my friend said, either way, i'll need to carry on, so i might as well find out sooner rather than later.

ninimo is offline Registered User
    hi Toasty
    sorrie to hear that!
    just fingers crossed! and hope for the best!

my first one was similar to your story.. but sorrie to note.. it ended in mis carriage!
    I went to see doc at 6 weeks, hoping for heart beat........
    but doc said from the size of the sac etc.. i was most only around 4 weeks!!
    so the dates were not correct.......somehow
    he said mabye conceived but stop growing.... but to come back the next week to see if it got bigger..

so one week later went in. shockingly .. it got bigger and detected a heart beat!
    so i thought everything was going ok again........ when back to see him like 2 weeks ish later on
    and he said the bb had stopped growing...... sometime already between week 6 - 8!

it was an emotional roller coaster!

Hope yours turns out better than mine!

But at week 5.5 its still early to check for heart beat.. usually its past 6 weeks..

cheer up.. and hope it all be ok!

hi Girls
    when do u go for the detailed scan? is it pass week 12?

Cherina is offline Registered User
    Hi Toasty,

I'm worried for you, hope it all goes ok. If your periods are irregular it could well be that the dates are out. And as Ninimo says 5.5 weeks is still quite early to pick up the heartbeat, if you wait a week or so it will be easier to pick up if it's there. I'm wishing you lots of luck, let us know how you get on.

I've got my next scan on Monday, I'll be 11.5 by then. I'm getting really nervous as I'm feeling fine today, no nausea or tiredness. After my mmc last time I really want the reassurance of some symptoms.....

Morning girls!
    happy 20th Dec!!
    How are you all? any holidays coming up? staying in hk?
    i be in hk...and working still!

I had my 10.5 week scan on sat! all is good, could see hands/legs moving! and head and all!
    will be back for my longer scan in 2 weeeks..
    u guys did it yet? yr 12 week scan? go well?

toasty is offline Registered User
    hi ladies,

i went to the Ob yesterday for my follow up U/S and the dr said that the embryo hadn't grown and that there was no detectable heartbeat. he said that it seemed that i had miscarried. i've been experiencing lower back pain and slight abdominal discomfort. it's all a shock and quite overwhelming. fortunately, my partner in crime's helped me keep things in perspective.

ninimo, great to hear that your scan's turned out well! i'm also staying in hk over xmas and working ( until tomo - can't wait). Cherina, thanks for your wishes. i've heard that nausea passes. i understand your concern. i hope the scan will put you at ease.

happy holidays girls!

RILEY is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

So sorry to hear your news Toasty, just try to remember that something wasn't right, Try and focus on your partner and the holidays for now : )

Cherina, I experienced the same thing with the loss of symptoms and everything was fine! At some point, closer to the 2nd trimester, the nausea disappears...yeah, mine did!

Happy to hear your scan went well Ninimo, its amazing to see the hands and feet the first time!

I went for the detailed scan/OSCAR test yesterday and I'm 12.5 weeks. I was nervous since I'm 34.5 but thankfully my risk was VERY low after the combined blood test/scan : ) Baby was asleep so I had to dance around to wake him/her up so they could measure the fluid behind the neck! Feeling good as I enter the 2nd trimester, hope its all up hill from here although I'm still awaiting confirmation from Matilda...

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast