Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rainbow vacuum cleaner

cutetots is offline Registered User

Rainbow vacuum cleaner

Hi,

Has anyone used the Rainbow vacuum cleaner and if its effective to remove dust mites droppings from mattresses? The price is rather steep compared to other brands at the retail stores.

Many thanks!

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    We've had the Rainbow for 2 years and absolutely love it. Can't comment on dust mites from the mattress as we've never had such a problem before but our floors are definitely much cleaner and we do use it for our mattress but mainly to remove dead skin cells. You can ask them to come over for a demonstration. They will demonstrate on your mattress.
    Posted via Mobile Device

rani is offline Administrator
    I did the demo. Amazing how much dust it sucked up from our carpet, which had just been vacuumed that morning. But I couldn't spend the $25K

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    we just got one - spent 19K...it does wonders for carpets and curtains. i think if a friend of yours buys one and they purchase a 2nd one (for you) then they get a discount...ours was at a discounted price. 5 years warranty for parts and maintenance i believe

snagito is offline Registered User
    It's a great concept and I loved seeing all the dustmites etc get sucked into the water -but yes, we couldn't really imagine paying that much! The other thing that worried me was that if we used it intensively then would we/our kids be OK in other houses? Sort of like living in this amazing 'bubble of cleanliness' that would burst when we stepped out into reality!

matemate is offline Registered User
    i strongly suggest you do some solid research (online or whereever) before you shell out the money. our friends bought it (more out of ignorance than anything else). upon introduction my wife was first full on, but was soon a whole lot more critical once i sent her a few googled links.

disclaimer: i am not saying it's bad per se. my personal view is that it's not enough value for money (i.e you can get something cheaper that does the same job) and that it's highly impractical.

cutetots is offline Registered User
    Thank you for your feedback. This is very helpful.

phoenixashburn is offline Registered User
    We recently did the demo and were almost gonna get it but thought we'd rather convince about 2 other friends to share the cost and then the vaccum cleaner. The salesman wanted an answer on the day of the demo itself else he would charge 5k more if we called him the next day(some limited time offer only valid for day of demo) We did some research and found a similar one from delonghi costing only 4k.. and it uses the same technique of water. We bought that and we're very happy with it...thankfully dint spend 25k on just a vaccum cleaner. We then read many negative reviews about it on the internet. On another note -One of my friends does own it for 3 years now and she bought it mainly because her son is asthamatic. She says it helps her a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast