Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Recommendation for a Lactation consultant

vguk is offline Registered User

Recommendation for a Lactation consultant

I have had a premature baby @ 32 weeks and desperately need a lactation consultant who can help with breastfeeding for premature baby. Any help will be much appreciated.

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    Everyone that I know of that has seen a lactation consultant swears by Mrs Chee. I don't have first hand experience but I know of 10+ people who used her when they have had problems. Her number is 94176366 or 27059322.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Is your baby in NICU? While my daughter was not premature, I have 3+ months of experience pumping for her and taking the milk up to her in the NICU. I know that a lot of things will be different for you than they are for me (my baby has a cleft palate and breathing issues so direct breastfeeding will be difficult to impossible, and my options are either formula or exclusive pumping) - but if you want someone to talk to about the exclusive pumping or NICU side of things, feel free to contact me.

In my blog, I wrote a post about my exclusive pumping experience - you can read it at http://madeline-hope.blogspot.com/20...e-pumping.html if you're interested...

I also have called/emailed people from LLL NUMEROUS times over the past two years about many issues ranging from thrush to questions about exclusive pumping for a baby in NICU and they have always been SO helpful. Their website is http://www.lllhk.org/ and there are a bunch of phone numbers on there you can call for help too.

tenten is offline Registered User
    Def Mrs Chee - I had low milk supply and saw three lactation consultants before Mrs Chee ( she was on vacation) and they were all completely rubbish, esp a midwife group that's very well known and that advertises here.

Mrs Chee is amazingly hands-on - very practical, physically massages your breasts for hours and has lots of experience and tips to guide you. Do not bother with anyone else! All the best!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hey Tenten, sorry you had such a bad experience with that "group". Hulda was amazing when I couldn't get baby to latch on.

Also there is Yvonne Heavyside of the Family Zone.

Anna

Singstar is offline Registered User
    I also used Hulda and thought she was good too (she is at the Annerly incase you don't know)- but she is very busy and not always available. She was booked 2 weeks in advance but I got my Paed to insist that I see her urgently and then she was more flexible! but since it sounds like you need urgent help - my friend thought Yvonne Heavyside was good too. Good luck and hope things improve for you VGUK

sblossom is offline Registered User
    Hi there, can you guys tell me appxly how much these latc consultants charge? Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    If you call LLL you can get advice over the phone for free - and if you go to their meetings, you can get face to face advice for free too.
    bobqb likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast