Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Air Purifiers

lalila is offline Registered User

Air Purifiers

Hi i have just recently moved to HK, my son has mild asma therefore worried about the air quality, i am looking for the best air purifier can anyone help me by recommending the best one on the market and one that is also quiet.

Have read previous threads about the IQ Air Healthpro, is this still the best one on the market?

And how many is needed in a 1700 area 3 bedroom?

any recommendations and advice is greatly appreciated

penelope is offline Registered User
    Hi

My son has asthma and dust mite allergy so we bought 2 IQair 6 months ago . we live in 1800 sqf. One is in his room, the other one in the living room.(split levels).They say one is good for 900 sqf I think

I really don t see any difference with his condition.He still cough a lot at night. He s on singulair every day and we just had to start him on flexotide again every morning.

I m not sure if they made a difference . Maybe he would be worse without them ...

lalila is offline Registered User
    Hi Penelope thanks for your reply its awful isnt it and a real worry for us my daughter now only 4 months looks like she will also have the same problem as my two year old son so am looking to buy what ever is needed to help them both.

where do you live btw?

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    We have an IQ Air in the living room and an Allen Air in the baby's room. So far she has been healthy, so can't tell if they work or not :) We live on a very high floor though, so place is typically free of dust.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    We have Alen air purifiers. The IQ ones were just too expensive for us. We got the house package from Alen. 2 small ones - one for each of the kids rooms and a bigger one for the living room. Not cheap but hoping that they make a difference. The pollution is worrying that is for sure.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    we use Giabo / my sis uses Whirlpool...there is a variety on offer at Wingon so you can check them these out to see what is good. supposedly these have a UV thing that helps purify the air... in fact 4 layers of filters?!? don't really know if it's any good, but as least psychologically you will feel better!

mannyw is offline Registered User
    Hi Obiwan,
    How are the air purifiers going? I also plan to get an IQ Air for the sitting room and then Allen air for my kids rooms.... would rely appreciate if you could reply to me on this. I mean are they noisy, have to close the windows all the time... BIG THANKS,