Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Home activity ideas for sick tot?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Home activity ideas for sick tot?

My 22 month old boy has bronchitis. So that means no nursery school, no playroom, no friends, no doing all the things we usually do this week.
    All HE wants to do is watch DVDs but enough is enough. Books, colouring, painting, playdoh, we've don't it all, and each activity takes about 3 min for him.
    got any ideas?

And also, little dude has not really eaten in 3 days. Any appetite stimulator ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Can you take him out somewhere that he's out but not in close contact with other kids, like a mall for example? That gives him a chance to get out and run around a little bit without the risk of infecting other kids like if he were at a playground... Or stick him in the stroller and take him for a walk maybe??

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    the park outside taikoo shing (quarry bay park) is not crowded during the week - you can try that! it's real fun! :) for at home activities - you could try cooking - cookies / jello / jelly...i had my daughter make the batter for spring onion cakes - you could make pancakes from scratch, and he could have it for snack / dessert...

snagito is offline Registered User
    Smoothies? Also how about the beach this weekend? It's going to be nice and sunny...might be a good diversion - just the sand and a picnic? Hope he gets better soon!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies. It was a long week:) but nice to spend such close time with my son. We are used to being on the go a lot. The only bad part is that I got sick so I have been nursing myself too. Sickness lasts soooo much longer during pregnancy:( we watched a lot of tv, I'm afraid, his fave dvd, and also discovered sesame street on at 4 each day, so he got to see his favourite Elmo. Did lots of playing together in the flat, me basically following his bossy little but around. And took long naps most days:)
    I took him out when he was better, but just in the podium garden and playgrounds and a few shops. No playrooms or friends though. Luckily he's nearly back to normal and can resume normal life again. And hopefully this weekend hubby will give me a bit of rest so I can heal too.