Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Renewing helper's visa online?

lisa88 is offline Registered User

Renewing helper's visa online?

I'm aware that HK Immigration now allows helpers' visas to be renewed online. I had a quick look and it all seemed straightforward. Then I realized that the helper's papers still need to be submitted. I am not sure whether I should try the online renewal or go the traditional route, through the maid agency. My helper is Indonesian so she may need her papers endorsed by the Indon consulate. Has anyone tried the online renewal system?

yonge is offline Registered User

Dear Lisa

The Indonesian consulate will not endorse the contract for you unless you can produce the following:

1. New employment contract signed by employer, domestic helper and two witnesses.
    2. Application letter from employer containing the reason for renew her employment contract without going through an agency.
    3. Copy of employer’s Hong Kong ID Card.
    4. Employer’s guarantee statement has to be made at and before the notary public in Hong Kong contain the matter as determined by the Indonesian Consulate General.
    5. Recent photo of domestic helper and employer (one photo for each person, size: passport photo).
    6. Copy of domestic helper’s Hong Kong ID Card.
    7. Copy of domestic helper’s valid passport and valid working visa.
    8. Health statement letter from doctor attached with the medical check-up report.
    9. Statement letter from parent/guardian or husband (for married status) containing no objection for the domestic helper to extend her employment contract without agency (attached with her parent/guardian or husband’s copy of Indonesian ID Card and Family Card which has been legalized by Village/ District Head).
    10. Domestic helper has to send a letter by Registered Post to an Indonesian agency informing that she is renewing her contract without Hong Kong agency. (Attached the proof of letter posting and copy of her letter).
    11. Domestic helper insurance policy.
    12. Old employment contract (copy and original).
    13. Legalization fee amounting HK$320.

Of course, they would prefer you to use an agent, if which case, they'll waive the requirements #4, 9 & 10, but you'll pay an agent fee, of which a much higher amount will go back to the consulate for the endorsement. I have an honest agent who charges me HK$4,800 to handle everything, including the amount that goes to the Indonesian consulate. Let me know if you want the contact by PM.

rani is offline Administrator

$4800 for renewal is crazy!

yonge is offline Registered User

I agree but if you know another way to get the Indonesian consulate's endorsement, let me know!!!

Gataloca is offline Registered User

$4800? I was recently looking for a DH, so went to some agency asking for fees... According to their pamphlets, the cost for renewal is around $1000 to $2500... although I don't know if the cost is only for maids that have been hired through them, or for anyone.

rani is offline Administrator

Yonge which agency do you use? This one I found online is less than $2000

http://www.hlc.com.hk/dhelper/renewa...n.jsp?lang=eng

lisa88 is offline Registered User

I checked with the agency that handled my helper's paperwork the first time round, they charge $1,600 for the renewal (years 3-4). Looks like despite the convenience offered by HK Immigration, the Indon consulate (and probably Indon agencies) conspire against the HK Immigration online services.