Extending naps... how!?
- 12-07-2010, 09:06 PM #17Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Taikoo Shing
I hope your daughter's nap has improved since you started this thread. I have a 5 month old son who naps 2-3 times a day for a total of 2.5-3 hours. I am big on routine so he naps around the same time each day.
It is best to stop any bad habits before our babies get bigger since it will be harder to change it then.
- 12-08-2010, 06:09 AM #18Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Hong Kong
Nope. Haven't improved yet. I am trying to put her down drowsy now.. then increasingly more awake. Hoping that the naps will extend themselves. What do you do for the nap routine?
I walk into the room with her, close the door, draw the curtains, turn on the music.. and sit in the rocking chair with her and her bunny for a minute or two. Then, I put her in her crib. Right now, I do have to pick her up, but she knows now that I will put her down awake so she usually doesn't fight (the later it is in the day, the bigger the chance she'll fight)
I cannot get her to nap around the same time each day, because right now she wakes up anywhere between 5am and 630am (she's been in her own room for 5-6 nights now) ... which is another story.
any thoughts would be appreciated!
- By lisa88 in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 7Last Post: 04-19-2010, 07:39 PM
- By putput in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 18Last Post: 06-11-2009, 09:01 AM
- By megan2008 in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 14Last Post: 03-07-2009, 09:33 PM
- By mintycat in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 7Last Post: 06-15-2007, 07:56 AM
- By kellyst in forum Baby TalkReplies: 7Last Post: 12-07-2006, 12:44 PM