Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

3D/4D scans....

rs2000 is offline Registered User

3D/4D scans....

Hi All,

Please can you tell me about a place where I can get 3D/4D ultrasound.
    I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and a bit too impatient to know the gender of my baby.
    When do you think the 3D/4D scans will be able to tell the gender (the earliest possible time).

Thanks,
    Bilal

JayJay is offline Registered User
    It's not necessary to have a 3D scan to determin the gender of your baby. My wife was just 12 weeks along when our doctor revealed the gender to us. The doctor just used a typical ultrasound scan to tell.

To be honest, those 3D scans are more of a gimmick. They just let you see your baby's features clearer than an ultrasound. I appreciate them but I wouldn't go out of my way to request and pay for them. That being said, my wife and I were ecstatic on seeing our baby's face for the first time.

I never understood why they call it a 4D scan when it's obviously 3D. What's the 4th dimension? Silly marketing terms...

I thought having a 3D/4D scan would help get a greater certainity for the gender.
    if anyone else has any experience, please share. thanks!

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    Dr Lam Yung Hang is very good with scans....his information can be found below.

http://www.hkpdc.net/hkpdcnet/contact_us.html

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    There is a difference between 3D and 4D actually, and the 4th dimension is time. A 3D scan will just capture a snapshot of the baby's face etc in 3D, but a 4D will allow you to watch the baby moving in 3D. I've had both 3D and 4D ultrasounds. The best quality 4D scans that I had were with Dr Lam (http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hea...-lam-yung-hang) and with Dr Cora Ngai who shares a clinic with Dr Joe Chan (http://www.geobaby.com/directory/hea...ts/dr-joe-chan)

thanks a lot everyone.

one more thing, do you think I shall have one (4D scans) around 13 weeks to determine the gender. will it be a bit too early? please let me know.

smile-ss is offline Registered User
    My doctor told me I am getting a baby girl in my 15 week scan (normal scan, not 3D/4D), while back in my 12 week 4D scan he said it was too early (too small) to tell the gender.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Dr Lam was able to tell me the gender from 2D at 13 weeks. I think if you can see at that early, you can see regardless of it being 2D or 3/4D.

In my 2nd pregnancy, I found out the gender at 17 weeks instead. At 13 weeks it wasn't as clear or the baby was in the wrong position - can't remember which...

I wouldn't choose a 3D just to tell the gender, although it is fun to see the baby's face!!