Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good helper agency - paperwork etc for terminated helper

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    If they are leaving hk then helper can change employers and does not need to exit hk
    Posted via Mobile Device
    i'm terminating my current FDH as she is not fit to look after toddlers and her old employer in HK is taking her off me. she said she will have to exit HK and wait for her new visa.

i've interviewed another FDH and she said her current employer is terminating her contract because they cant afford to keep her - with this reason, does she have to exit HK while changing employers? when do they not have to exit HK before starting a new contract?

rani is offline Administrator

I've read 2 reasons.

- If the employer is leaving HK
    - If she's been released because of financial reasons.

Also a friend hired a helper, who was let go because the grandparent she cared for passed away. She did not exit HK either.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

thanks rani!

also wanted to know if anyone has give the reason (optional) of terminating a helper while notifying the immigration office. our current helper is ok with cleaning, cooking etc but she is really not fit to look after a toddler even though she told me that she can look after him when i interviewed her. later when i questioned her ability (she didn't know HOW to put on a nappy....?!), she confessed that she looked after 4 year old+ kids previously.

i really felt cheated on this part as our main focus is our kiddo so if i inform the immigration office that my reason to terminate her is that she isn't able to handle infants/toddlers, will she get her future contract refused? i don't want her to get deported because her life back in india is not good but i want the immigration office/future employers to atleast know that she'd be suitable to do household chores ONLY!

suggestions please and thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12