Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Hi!

cunski is offline Registered User

Hi!

Hi everybody, I` ve just discover to be pregnant (probably due date end of July), but I haven`t seen any doctor yet. I` ve went through many forums and it seems to me that dr Sally Ferguson and Dr Catherine Cheung are the most popular.
    This is my first pregnancy...I`m very happy and I would like to find a good doctor! Any suggestion?

peachylin is offline Registered User
    Hi. There are a lot of threads which discuss this matter and you can just search on it. But since you're asking, might as well just answer based on my experience.

I am on my first pregnancy as well, expecting a baby girl this March. My doctor is Dr. Alex Doo and I can say a lot of good things about him. He has been very clear about things concerning my pregnancy. We can page him at any time of the day and he calls back within 2 minutes. My pre-natal visits have likewise been very good - I don't wait too long (though others have complained because he does have a LOT of patients) and my checks have been thorough. My husband and I can ask a lot of questions, others even appearing trivial, but he patiently answers each and every one of them. (My checks are scheduled mid-day, 12-ish, so there are not many patients in the clinic)

The thing is, I have not given birth yet so I don't know how he conducts himself during delivery itself, but I am sure that he will do a fine job. I am booked at the Matilda and since Dr. Doo lives in that area, he is expected to be available anytime. Oh, and he was also considerate enough to ask me whether I prefer natural or c-section to which I answered the former. He told me that he will do everything to make it a natural one, unless the situation calls for a c-section (hope not!).

Well, hope this helps. Good luck on your pregnancy.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    Dr Ferguson is good - just make sure she is around when you deliver. I had her for my first one. Dr Lam Yung Hang is very good too - had him for my 2nd one....very thorough and good bedside manners. Dr Ferguson can only deliver at the Matilda though. Dr Lam delivers at HK Sanatorium, Adventist (his favorite) and a couple other hospitals but not too sure of...

delphian is offline Registered User
    Hi, I see you are in DB like me. I am due Aug 10, so not long after you. I just posted a message in the August due date threads, if you want to have a look. I'll be going public for the delivery, but trying to figure out what kind of support is available out there at a reasonable price.

stacy is offline Registered User
    I am pregnant and due in late July as well. This will be my 3rd child, but first in HK, so I had to find a doctor. I am going to Dr. Ghosh, and very happy with him. He is very nice, takes his time with you on check-ups, answers any and all questions, and is very easy going and calming.

Scroll to top