Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

William or Deborah (or other?)/ Whampoa Kindegartens

geoyoungdaddy is offline Registered User

William or Deborah (or other?)/ Whampoa Kindegartens

Hello everyone!

We have moved to Harbour Place finally!
    And were looking for kindergarten in Whampoa as it is the closest place
    to have a choice of kindergartens (we do not like the idea of sending our 3 year old son by bus...).

From what we have seen and according our enquiries (full day, english-mandarin, no cantonese, day time sleep) Debrah and William seem to match. Other kindergartens (Anfield, Habitat, PLK, etc.) match only some or none of our wiches for K1. If someone disagree, pls advise!

So Deborah and William, which of these two anyone had experience with?
    I think William might be the better choice, Deborah is smaller and had some bad reviews on other forums..

Please help us with the choise!

Thank you!

It seems not too many people had an experience with these two...

Does anyone know any interntional kindergarten in Whampoa or Hung Hom at all with full-day, english-mandarin and day time sleep? Except for William and Deborah.

Thank you!

reei is offline Registered User
    i went to both the open days and from visiting the open days, i would prefer deborah. william did not have separate toilets for little boys and girls. i am quite particular about this! when i asked about the fees, they just wrote down on piece of paper and seems very secretive about the fees.
    as for deborah, i did apply and they invite for interview when my daugther was 21 months old.. for k1. so that's a bit rushed. if i were to apply at whampoa, i would have preferred learning habitat. i have heard good things about anfield, but the fees are very expensive. how about caitiline? have you considered caitiline? tam au yeung po leung kuk or cannan?

Thank you reei for your reply! Learning Habitat does not have the full day, only am or pm sessions, which most of the kindergartens offer for kids before K2. We'll go to K1 and for K1 I have found full days only in Deborah and William. We had pretty much the same feeling about both of them, only William seemed to be bigger a bit, and we found the staff quite ok... We were not asking about the toilet rules, but as far as I remember from my childhood we also used same wash/toilet rooms with girls till we were 4 or 5 (in Russia)..

I do not clearly remember if we looked to caitilene, cann or tam au yeung po leung, I'll check them again. Do you know if they have the full day? Which kindergarten do you go to now?

thnx again!

reei is offline Registered User
    @ geoyoungdaddy

i dont remember if caitline or the others have full days.
    i did my "homework" when i was staying at whampoa garden, but i have shifted to mei foo this year, so i have enrolled my daughter in a local kindergarten at mei foo.