Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where does your newborn sleep?

NewBabyLA is offline Registered User

Where does your newborn sleep?

Wondering what percentages of people here let their baby sleep in their own bed/crib/room

I'm planning to let baby sleep in own room from day 1 and like to know what others do,

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Ap Lei Chau
    For my two children, I slept in the guest room with each of them during the 3 first months. That way, I could stay in bed to breastfeed, they didn't have to cry and I didn't wake up my husband.
    If you have the possibility to let the baby beside you in a crib, it might be easier for you as you'll have to wake up every 1.30 hours during the first nights, and it's much easier to fall back asleep if you don't have to get up, switch the light on etc....

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    We bought a co-sleeper and placed it on our bed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Singstar is offline Registered User
    Olympic, Kowloon
    For the first 6 weeks my baby slept in a basket next to the bed. I actually took him into the lounge to breastfeed as didn't want to wake my husband. After 6 weeks my mother in law came to stay and suggested he might sleep better in his own room - so we tried it and it was one of the best things we did. We both slept better and talking to friends now whose babies are still in their bedrooms 9 months on - I think it is easier to start earlier. That said if you breastfeed it is easier if they are in the room with you until they start sleeping through the night.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    South District
    we had her sleep in a cot next to our bed until she slept through the night....with baby number #1 it was at 3mths, and with #2 she's still in our room at 5mths - don't want her to co-share a room with big sis cause we're scared she'll wake big sis up at 5am for her feed!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    I bought a cosleeper and attempted to have her in our room but found that I could NOT get ANY sleep when she was there!! Not that she was even waking that much, but I was so paranoid about rolling onto her, and I heard EVERY single breath that she took as well!! So after a night or two, I HAD to put her back in her own room. It worked best for us.

Her sister is due to come home from hospital next week or so (four months old) and we have a moses basket that I'm planning to use. She sleeps very well at night already, although I will probably need to set an alarm to feed her - she is not a good eater yet. Hopefully I get some sleep with her in our room! After she gets a bit bigger and my first born gets used to having her around, the two girls will share a room.

geomum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I made mine sleep in a cot in our bedroom for the first 2 months, and then onwards they are co- sleeping with me. I have a 2.8 year old and a 9 month old, they love cuddling together and sleeping, don't wake up each other one bit, infact they love it very much. When the younger one is about 2 years old I will move both into their own room, if I have the heart to do it. My husband is a very very light sleeper so we thought its better for him to sleep in another bedroom.

jane01 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Mine were both in their own room from the day we arrived home from hospital. I cannot sleep with newborns in the room - I hear every snuffle. I slept much better that way, even though I had to get up to feed them. I just had a monitor so I could hear them cry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast