Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

baby teeth??

carang is offline Registered User

you cannot take your boy to just a regular dentist. you must take him to a pediatric dentist/ periodontist (children's dentist).

regular dentists don't have the proper training to deal with children or their teeth.

solidstars, is there any way you could make a quick trip to bkk? or maybe just go to a cheap-ish pediatric dentist here and keep the xrays etc and take them with you when you go to bkk?

amyH, seems to me that Dr Giles is rather quick to say there is a need for GA...perhaps she'd rather have the kids asleep than on her chair? she tried to tell me that her charges would have been the same if she was doing it in the hospital as if he had it done in the chair....makes me think that perhaps, it is just less hassle for her to have the kid asleep on the gurney instead of dealing with wide awake kids who are scared and possibly in pain.

AmyH is offline Registered User

You may be right there. I was quite surprised when she said it to be honest but I just dismissed it immediatley so did not even have a conversation about the costs involved - I can tell you that if she had quoted me anywhere near the price she quoted you I would have been the one passed out in her office!

solidstars is offline Registered User

thanks carang, i will take a look around my neighborhood and see if they have a pediatric dentist around here!!!

solidstars is offline Registered User

Hi, so with all the things going on, i finally got took baby around the neighborhood dentists and enquired at 5-6 of them. most said that since it's baby teeth, they don't think it's necessary to do anything with it as the permanent teeth will come in anyways (this is what our doctor said too, but he's not a dentist!)

two suggested i go to a paediatric dentist as my son probably needs major cleaning and therefore will need to undergo general aneasthetic, which i am really uneasy about. Oddly, both gave me namecards to the SAME paediatric dentist, and i just wanted to ask on here if anyone has experience with her and whether you know what her fees are?

Dr. Celine Cheong, Children's Dentist Clinic, in Causeway Bay.

Does anyone have experience with 2 years old undergoing general anaesthetic?

Cara, I wanted to take him to bangkok for CNY (dentist plus visiting family) but it's just too expensive!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12