Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any ESF Wu Kai Sha parents ?

babydoll is offline Registered User

Any ESF Wu Kai Sha parents ?

I'm considering this kindy for my daughter. I've heard that it's not very popular. Any current parents in this forum can tell me about this school.

freddiebiscuit is offline Registered User
    We're also considering the ESF Wu Kai Sha kindergarten for our daughter for next year. What have you heard about the school that makes it so unpopular? Any other comments about the kindergarten from other people?

We also applied to Zebedee International Kindergarten in Tai Po. It's closer to us (no bus ride for our daugther), is much smaller and the class sizes are not as big as Wu kai Sha. Their open days were informative, but we'd still like to have a tour and attend the interview at Wu kai Sha before we make our final decision. Anybody have any comments about Zebedee?

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    I have enrolled my toddler for playgroup at Zebedee Tai Po when she turns 2 after Chinese New Year. We went for the open day and also did some trial classes last month. We trialled also at a nursery in Fo tan, closer to where we live but Zebedee teachers and class content was better, and cheaper. I also had a glowing report on Zebedee from an American mum who sends her boy there for K1. She says the teachers are very good with the kids and welcoming of parent involvement. Lesson content is good too, she says. Sorry no comments about Wu Kai Sha, my toddler is too small for kindy as yet.

babydoll is offline Registered User
    I think it's just new and there were some hiccoughs. Apparently some parents were complaining that the placement for P1 ESF from Wu Kai Sha were not that great, but don't forget this kindy has only been opened for just over a year.

freddiebiscuit is offline Registered User
    Lisa88,
    Thanks for sharing about Zebedee! I had a good first impression during their open day as well. I really like that their class sizes right now are 11 children in one K1 class and 8 in the other K1 class. The teachers we spoke with seemed caring and the classrooms were bright and cheery. There's no homework (just what we were looking for) and we like the 'learn through play' approach.

Babydoll,
    I don't think going to an ESF kindergarten guarantees a spot in an ESF school, as far as I can remember from application information. What do parents think of the teaching and organization of the school? Are their children happy going there? Is there homework?

littlecat is offline Registered User

any comments on ESF WKS kindergarten?

any parents have comments on ESF WKS kindergarten?

babydoll, did you enrol your kid to this kinder eventually?

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    We registered my boy in ESF, my husband who is in the education field himself feels that the teacher there are really great.
    I guess those people who find it not as good maybe it's because of minor hiccup for being new.
    We are placing our boy not because we want him a place in ESF primary but rather it's nearer n 1 of the better school around.
    We live in Shatin.