Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Backache

lrpolo is offline Registered User

Backache

I'm 30 weeks and am getting backache on a regular basis now. I'm fine in the mornings when I'm rested, but I can't do much walking around in town without having to sit down, and even sitting down doesn't alleviate the pain, which eventually goes away when I'm back home and able to lie down. Any one having the same problem? My mum and sister didn't seem to have, although my sister did yoga when she was pregs. I've done one pilates and one yoga class so far, and started swimming once a week three weeks ago. I've got a girdle/bump support, but that didn't seem to help the other time when I went out shopping, I don't know if I'm not strapping it on properly.

Sharon

Balvo is offline Registered User

Hello
    Backpain is pretty common just due to your change in posture and muscles/ligaments all working so hard. But if youre struggling, you could try seeing a physio who will be abel to advise you on what might be causing it and how to alleviate the pain through posture/exercises or maybe you need some physio treatment. Panda at Physiomotion 2525 8168. Ive had all sorts fo back and pelvis problems with my babies so know it can be pretty tiring!
    Good luck.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I've had bad back and pelvis pain since my last pregnancy, 2years ago. Now also at 30 weeks I'm back ton where I started, but worse, so I can commiserate. Only that, though, I'm afraid.
    One tiny quick fix i have noticed is that when you are walking, try stretching your body up, like your head is being pulled upwards. It will stretch your spine a bit and alleviate a bit of pressure when you are walking.
    Other than that, I hope it goes away with your delivery.

yonge is offline Registered User

I had back pain with my all three - and it seems to start earlier as you carry each successive one! However, the good news is that the pain can go away very soon after childbirth. HOWEVER, make sure you do not carry anything "heavy", including your older children for at least three months after giving birth. I only say "three months" because Queen Mary Hospital recommended that we do not go back to our previous exercise regimen for that period of time. I just reinjured myself - lifting my second child out of the bath tub - approximately one month after giving birth and the pain is just like the pain I had from my second, but not my first (which is worse than the back pain from during the pregnancy). With my first, I had no back pain after about three months. With my second, it lasted about 16 months. Now, that I've reinjured myself, I'm only hoping that it will be less than it'll be less than 16 months but will almost certainly be more than three months. The stretching exercise that Shenzehnnifer mentioned above also works after the pregnancy as well as during. Good luck!

lrpolo is offline Registered User

Thanks all!

Carebear is offline Registered User

I know how you feel.Im in my 38 wks and having serious back and hip pains. Bump support didnt help me either. But I find regular massage can ease the pain and make you relax too :-) Hope that helps :-)

jenxp is offline Registered User

Probably should try post-natal pilates classes. Friends of mine are trying and feel strengthened alot.

Scroll to top