Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What do you do if baby wakes too early in the morning?

1sttimemom is offline Registered User
    well, I am up again at 5am and now I all I need to do is get through til her 630 "get up" time. :)

carey is offline Registered User
    I agree with mums who said that baby's sleep pattern's changes all the time. The 6 month improvement in naps came, as a booking in sleeping tells us, because baby's brain matures and sleep in more consolidated periods. Mums who have babies who are great sleepers are truly very blessed. But I think most of us who respond here are not so lucky and experienced in dealing with poor sleepers.

I said in the last post that my son sleeps and nap better now. But he still refuses to nap or go to bed sometimes. Today, for example, was not a good day. He had several tantrums, as a result, nap time was tearful. It's so stressful. I guess, as some mums mentioned here, I should loosen up a bit and go more with his flow sometimes.

My son's nap was longer at around 6 months but his night sleep was a hit and miss. I was feeling quite helpless at times and really wanted to get professional help, like sleep fairy, to improve his sleep.

Teething was bad as he woke up often crying or refuse to go back to sleep after milk feed. The good thing was his teeth came quickly he only has about three molars left to come at 17 month. Then his night sleep was a lot better.

Good luck.

sunrays is offline Registered User
    I know how you feel, 5am is my sons wake up time too! Sad thing is, I'm getting used to it! I'm not too worried as I have a 4yr old daughter and I know it will get better. As others have said, you think you have it all perfect and then a tooth, cough, cold or holiday comes along and throws everything out again. Don't be too hard on yourself. Do what works for you. At the moment I fetch him when he wakes up, put him in bed with me and if I'm lucky he will eventually fall back to sleep......normally just as my daughter wakes up!! Good Luck

1sttimemom is offline Registered User
    Hi Carey and Sunrays,

Thanks for the kind words. Things have improved a little.. seems like I managed to get the message across that she should go back to sleep in the morning til about 630-730... Hope it sticks at least for a while. :) What am I saying!? Wonder Week 26 is coming soon... haha.. Plus, we live in Beijing now, and it's been cold, so I think that is affecting her sleeping too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123