Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Goat's Milk as Alternative

Gingerlyn is offline Registered User

Goat's Milk as Alternative

Any moms feeding goat's milk to babies? My BB just turned 1 yr he was found to be allergic to cow's milk - specifically whey. I am considering goat's milk as an alternative to popular soya/almonds milk as I believe it is more nutritious. Just wondering what types-powdered/fresh milk are you using and which brand, and where can you buy it.

yonge is offline Registered User

The only time I got goat milk was in Singapore, where there's a goat farm and you can arrange for fresh bottles of milk. You might be able get a visiting friend or grandparent to bring back some to try.

Would he be willing to try drinking something like Pediasure, which is milk-free and nutritionally complete? My pediatrician actually asks that we dilute it by adding twice as much water as she thinks it's too sweet, but we don't mind, as it actually encourages our children to drink more water.

canadianinhk is offline Registered User

Some of the soya milk is pretty good too. I found one at city super that has no added sugar and has alot of the same vitamins and minerals as milk.

happyflipper is offline Registered User

I am using Karihome goat milk powder. It is from New Zealand. It is not as sweet as cows milk powder but nutrionally good. www.karihome.com.hk - website can give you more information about their product. It is available at Wing On or local Pharmacies which may sell it cheaper.

evelyne is offline Registered User

We also used Karihome and Holle's goat milk formula which you can get in Three Sixty. Gave our toddler fresh goat milk in Europe which he prefered but can't get that here.

sunrays is offline Registered User

We use Karihome too. It is cheaper in the local pharmacies at $250 as opposed to $300. I use soy milk now for my daughter who is 4. If you do make sure it has calcium as not all soy milk does.