Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to go on holiday with children

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

Where to go on holiday with children

This has not been asked in a while ...

Anyone been anywhere good for a couple of days? Looking for somewhere to go with the kids for a couple of days over Christmas as I do not have any holidays. Please no suggestions for Kota K, Cebu or Singapore as I have to those many times - these are my default options!

Also, I am looking for holiday ideas with the kids for 9 days? Was thinking direct flight from HK to somewhere in Europe? But at this stage I will take any great ideas (outside of China as we can do most of that in shorter holidays). I want to have some fun but I want the kids to be entertained too! They are 3.5 and 6.

Many thanks in advance

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Redang Island, Malaysia = Fly to K.L. then flight to Berjaya Resort. Our son loved it! Any Club Med = Cherating or Phuket closest. China has a new club med for skiing.

9 Days - I'd do London in a heartbeat! Or Hawaii. I enjoyed that heaps when my parents to my sisters and I there when we were wee ones.
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

carang is offline Registered User
    9 DAYS.... VANCOUVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! beautiful city... only problem may be the jetlag....but if you're thinking of europe, then north america isn't that far off...

if snow is too much for you (although, vancouver can go for most of the winter without it), then maybe LA?
    you could do Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Venice Beach, San Diego (Sea World), San Fransisco, Las Vegas (although, you could not do all of them in only 9 days).

Hawaii
    Guam
    Japan (snow again)
    Dubai
    Italy

GREECE??? have you introduced your kids to that part of their heritage yet??

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    Thanks TheQuasimother -- I had not heard of Redang Island for a short break so will look into it for sure!

Carang, and Vancouver has a direct flight so that is on our short list! What can we do with kids there though?

Portia is offline Registered User
    In Vancouver, you could take the kids to Granville Island (great farmers market) and to Stanley Park where there is a train to ride and a petting zoo. Of course, part of the great attraction of Stanely Park is that there is room for the kids to run and run. You could also drive up to Whistler (a 2 hour trip) for a few days to ski if that is of any interest.

When I took my little ones to Vancouver this summer, they had really bad jet lag. I find that they take at least a week to adjust to the time difference. I'd go to Australia for 9 days, but I guess that's not of interest to you being from there!

carang is offline Registered User
    for the few days trip, i'd say macau. i was recently there over night at the venetian and was pleasantly surprised by the various things they had for the kids. there's a gondola ride, the Manchester UTD shop with soccer activities upstairs, QUBE and right now they even have two of the cars from "CARS", which my two loved!

they have a babysitting service for only $80/hour and then you can go see Zaia or enjoy the spa....over Xmas, they have DISNEY ON ICE, which should be fantastic for the kids!

for vancouver:
    acquarium
    stanley park
    ferry across to vancouver island, to victoria
    drive to whistler (just be carefule if you're not used to driving on snow)
    granville island, market and kids' market
    strolling along robson street
    water taxi to north van/lonsdale quay (similar to granville island)
    all libraries have free story time (usually one weekday and once in the evening on a weekday~ kids wear their PJS for that!)

i can ask my mum if there's special stuff going on, but she's not in vancouver proper, she's further south, right next to the US border.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Langkawi, Malysia
    Koh Samui, THailand
    Krabi, Thailand
    Sanya, China
    Bali, Indonesia
    Perth, Australia
    Sydney, Australia