Losing my mind over baby's sleep routine
- 01-02-2011, 10:50 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Hong Kong
Again really appreciate all the helpful responses. I guess what I omitted to say was that I work full-time, so am not at home to fine-tune the napping or to enforce a consistent regime. I have instructed my helper to watch for cues and to put him down as soon as she spots such cues, but really I would never know what goes on at home during the day. Being a FT working mum also means that trying different approaches in the middle of the night is the last thing that I wanna do.
I did think about pushing the bedtime back bit by bit, but never got round to do that as the baby gets grizzly around 7pm every night (if only he's such a perfect Gina baby in every other way!), AND I read everywhere that "sleep begets sleep" etc.
We took him on holiday over Christmas and he was sleeping in the same room as his dad and I (he has been sleeping in his own room since he came home from the hospital). Dunno if that was the reason but he slept so much better for those 5 days - he even demanded to nap three times a day, everyday! - but of course as soon as we came home he went straight back to his nightmarish ways....
Lately I have started to let him cry for longer and longer before I would get to him - that's until he got a fever last night and now everything just went out the window....
(Apologies if this is a bit ranty)
- By premama in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 5Last Post: 02-04-2010, 10:12 PM
- By fennho in forum Baby TalkReplies: 15Last Post: 04-27-2008, 02:05 PM
- By aussiegal in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 13Last Post: 11-21-2007, 10:31 PM
- By LdeJ in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 8Last Post: 12-19-2006, 07:21 PM
- By Wee Kean in forum Family HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 08-23-2005, 08:30 AM