Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Staycations?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Staycations?

My hubby has something like 9 weeks of annual leave owing AND we are unable to fly for probably around 6 months due to my daughter's medical situation - we have had a very stressful year and haven't had any time off for over a year now and desperately need to get away.

Other than going to Macau or staying at the Disney resort, what kind of "staycations" are available around Hong Kong? And where can you go from here that doesn't involve a plane? I know that there's trains that go to a bunch of places in China, but I don't really want to be too far from a good hospital just in case... and I know from going on a cruise in the past that a lot of them don't take children under a certain age (one year??)... Are there any ferries from HK to other places in Asia, or only to Macau?

Any other ideas??

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    you could do Cheung Chau...there is a hotel there that sits on the beach front. you could go for walks in the evening and stroll the babies around the small town.

there are 4 day cruises to China and back I believe....not sure if you want to be on a boat though...might be safer to be on land instead...what about the Gold Coast Hotel? They have lots to do for kids and it's away from the city! Heard that it's quite nice too!

yonge is offline Registered User
    You can also go to Zhuhai by ferry. The ride is longer than Cheung Chau - approximately 4 hours if I remember correctly. I know there a golf resort with a spa there that was starting out when I went about 6-7 years ago. I'm sure there's a lot more there now.

geomum is offline Registered User
    How about do an exchange stay at one your friend's place (Someone who is going for holiday or not)? Not a new country but a new home? Might be nice?

matemate is offline Registered User
    oceanspring resort in zhuhai might be a good option

else OTC in shenzhen, dameisha, just across the border to the right side

last but not least, sea ranch in lantau?

sunrays is offline Registered User
    Concerto Inn on Lamma Island. On the beach.....could be wrong time of year though. Have good restaurants there, seafood, Bookworm for great veggie options, Pizza Milano for great pizza.

Gold coast is a good option too. Beach next to hotel. You can walk along marina. Good restaurants in shopping area next door.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Coloane has some nice hotels or pousadas too... we've spent a week end in a pousada, out of the town (sorry, not really close to any hospital neither), along the beach, with some nice portuguese restaurants. If you want the details let me know !

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    If I was doing a staycation here I would go out somewhere in New Territories East (Sai Kung) as the photos I've seen from there look so beautiful and the air is a lot cleaner than other places (just getting a break from the air pollution would be a vacation in itself in HK!). I would do boat rides. I know they also have a golf course there. I'm sure others can suggest specific places in that area. Some of my friends like to kite surf over there. You could also book a few fun entertainment things in HK at the same time--shows and plays for little kids during Christmas or take them to a place where they can do special activities like make Christmas ornaments etc.--again, I know there must be places in HK offering these types of fun classes over the holidays. For myself, I would book a pampering session every day--whether that's a massage or facial or whatever relaxes you.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top