Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Oz and HK immunisation schedules

coogsy is offline Registered User

Oz and HK immunisation schedules

Hi all

I am currently in HK, and family (wife and 2 kids: 3.5 years and 10 weeks when they arrive) will be joining me from Australia in early Feb.

I have a couple of questions:

1) How does the HK immunisation schedule fit in with the Oz version. i.e.- will the baby be able to receive a full course of Oz-standard immunisations if she is brought out to HK when she is 10 weeks?
    2) Given my current contract, we may be leaving as early as June 2011, meaning they will only be here for 4 months. Would my family entering on tourist visas (and not dependant visas) put them at a disadvantage in any way? Would this impact access to healthcare or chaildcare facilities for my eldest child?

Many thanks,

Paul

Flack is offline Registered User
    Hi Paul

If you go to a private pediatrician then there is no problems following the Australian schedule (plus adding the extras for HK if you like, BCG, Hep A etc).
    If your children are on tourist visas you will not be entitled to free government immunisations or hospital treatment. Assuming you have travel insurance that wouldn't be an issue, however most travel insurance won't cover the immunisations.

coogsy is offline Registered User
    Great- thanks very much for your quick reply.

Paul