Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The nightmare has begun

geomum is offline Registered User

The nightmare has begun

So last night was ACTUALLY cold and the windows in our house were dripping with frost. This happens every winter and I find it extremely annoying. Does this happen in your home too? What is the solution?

matemate is offline Registered User
    sorry what's the problem?

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Same here... we just put towels along the windows so the water does not drop on the floor or get soaked by some stuff along...

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Are the windows open?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    we open our windows a few minutes every so often so that the difference in air temperature is not so great as to cause the dripping in our place...

carang is offline Registered User
    don't think they are dripping with "frost" as frost is frozen and doesn't drip.... i'm guessing they are dripping with condensation, that the inside of your flat is warmer than the outside, so the moisture condenses on the windows (just like when your mirror fogs up when you have a hot shower in the winter).

Lucky for us (maybe not so lucky), our house is colder inside than it is outside, even with space heaters on. we don't have that problem.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I wonder if running the dehumidifier would help at all - anyone tried that before?

We get that problem. Actually at our old place, the condensation was so bad that it damaged the fake wood windowsills and we had to replace them with that fake marble stuff! We just do Frenchy's "line the windows with towels" solution. If you leave the windows open a bit, it helps but it also makes your house colder! Although if your bed is not right next to the window or if you don't mind it being a bit chilly inside, you could try that too...

geomum is offline Registered User
    Right, its condensation I am talking about and not frost. We can't live inside a cold house (Especially my husband) and have to put heaters on at all times. So the problem is even worse in our home. So I guess there is no real solution to it. Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast