Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

August 2011!

tsubasa is offline Registered User
    Oh yeah, suuuper tired these couple of days in particular for some reason. I feel kind of like I did when I had mono years ago! Just sitting on the couch and trying to convince myself that I need to get up and put away the laundry. Half an hour later still sitting there trying to convince myself! Wow...
    Delphian, I'm jealous! I love DB when I've been for a visit. It's kind of like culture shock! Do you have a dog? I've got a 9 year old shih tzu. Boy would she love to have a yard of her own, but she's stuck in my flat.

KBear is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies, Hope you're both doing ok? Just to let you know I went into Gennie's in Causeway Bay last week, & they had a lot of items on sale, although I don't need them just yet I got some maternity jeans with 40% off, so it's worth a look, especially as they'll probably be alot more expensive when we most need it!

Girlfrommars is offline Registered User
    Hi Everyone

I am due 3rd September! I'm very excited, but also very nervous!

I've just posted something in another forum because I didn't realise this group existed, whoops! I was wondering whether anyone had been to any of the mums to be classes at the YWCA? It's $360 so I wanted to check it was worth while, and there is one next week.

If anyone knows of any others I would be interested, or if not, wouldn't mind setting up a group.

Would really appreciate your thoughts!

GFM

cathryn is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,
    I am due on the 10th August, this will be 2nd baby though. My little boy is 2 /2. I am still in the UK but we are moving to Hong Kong at the end of February. Still trawling through the internet trying to work out which is the best area to live in Hong Kong with young children, best places to meet other mums, things to do etc. I will have a good look around once I am there as we will be in a serviced apartment to begin with but if anyone can recommend a particular area any advice would be greatly appreciated. Places I am thinking about at the moment are - Discovery Bay, Stanley & Repulse Bay....
    Thanks
    Cathryn

Cherina is offline Registered User
    Hi Cathryn,
    Where to live depends on where you or your husband will work here, if you need to get into Central quickly, if you want to live near a lot of other expats etc. I'm sure you'll get a feel for each of the areas when you arrive here.
    Have you got a doctor here yet? You'll need to get one quickly if not because you really need to book a private hospital before 12 weeks. If you're planning on delivering in a public hospital I think you should register before 19 weeks.
    Hi GFM I've just booked the antenatal course at Matilda hospital, it's 6 sessions so works out at about the same price as the YWCA. I think they do Saturdays or Wednesday evenings.

Cherina

KBear is offline Registered User
    Hi GFM, I haven't joined up to any classes yet so can't really offer alternatives, but think it's a great idea if you wanted to set one up? Even if it's just for mums to be to meet & share their symptoms/stories throughout the pregnancy, would be nice to see people face to face that are going through the same emotions as you!

What does anyone else think?

cathryn is offline Registered User
    Hi Cherina,

Thanks for the info, my husband will work in Central at the IFC building. Where we live is more up to me as I am the one who will need to make friends etc.

No I don't have a doctor yet and find this really worrying because they wont allow me to book a room at a private hospital until I have seen an obsteatrician, but I cannot see one until I am there and I'm not there until the end of Feb by which time I will be about 16-17 weeks! All I can do is pray they still have a room for me.

As we are not sure where we will be living I am just going to go for the Adventist Hospital and hope we live somewhere near this, if anyone has any comments on this hospital - they would be greatly appreciated.

x

Girlfrommars is offline Registered User
    Hi All

So I had another scan yesterday and my due date is now 31st August instead of 3rd September. I guess the little one will just turn up when it's ready it just makes booking the hospital booking a nightmare!

Thanks for the advice Cherina, I am due to deliver at the Mathilda too so will definitely look into those classes.

I am very happy to arrange a meet for new mums. Let me know if you are interested, I am thinking meeting for a coffee in town somewhere next week, say Wednesday 2nd Feb??

GFM

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast