Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

August 2011!

delphian is offline Registered User
    Hi KBear, Sorry, I disappeared on everyone there! I'm still around and everything is fine. I'm having a little boy (that's the latest news!). I'm half English, half French (what a mix!) and mostly grew up in France. I have been in HK for about 2 years now, and before that was in Beijing for 5. My husband grew up in HK, so I visited a lot before moving here. How about you? How is everyone feeling now???

Hi MamaSo, I'm also having a baby boy, my due date is the 10th, so we will be very close!!! I live in Discovery Bay - how about you?

Hi Cathryn, I'm also due on the 10th, I'm having a little boy. I live in DB, have you come any closer to deciding where you will live. I'm sure that you will be loads of comfort to me as you have already experienced being pregnant before. Would be great to meet sometime. ([email protected])

Carlactpma is offline Registered User
    Hi! I'm due to the 7th of august in Matilda Hospital. This is my first baby :-))))
    I live in the mid levels and am looking for other girls to share Ante-Natal Pilates semi-private classes in Central. Anyone interested?

What about tea at Lock Cha Tea House in Hong Kong Park this thursday 4pm?
    Cheers

Matilda Hosp is offline Registered User
    Dear MamaSo,
    Thank you for thinking of Matilda. As you have probably made your hospital selection, we are therefore using this opportunity to offer comment on some of your concerns directly, as I am not sure where the information you cited is originating from, but it needs to be put into context.
    In 2010, over 1200 babies were born here. Unfortunately, at times, the maternity ward was full to capacity, and we suspended admission on these isolated occasions only. With this, we were unable to admit a total of 7 ladies with a confirmed booking in the year. Obviously we try to avoid this at all costs. Although we work very closely with our obstetricians, the decision to recommence admissions is made by the midwifery team as they have to consider all the patients under their care, as you can understand this is a very dynamic environment and safety must come first.
    I hope this answers your question. Information is available on our website or should anyone would like to contact us directly please drop us a line to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.
    Lynne Fung
    General Manger, Communications
    (Registered General Nurse)

Db

Quote Originally Posted by sandymama View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm going to be a first time August mama and happy to have found this forum. I'm nervous, excited, and tired all wrapped up in one especially since I work with a class full of kids everyday. I plan on going through the public system (Queen Mary), but I do have a private that I see if I need any more specific info. I live in DB and would love to start up a little group at some point where we can support one another especially through the crazy waves of our hormonal changes (so I've been told my hormones are a bit unpredictable, but that's just one person's opinion) any even get our babies together when the real fun begins. Anyone interested?
    Hi there Sandymama,
    I also live in DB and am due on the 10th Aug. Would be happy to meet up sometime and get to know more mamas having babies in Aug! You can email me directly: [email protected]. I'm rubbish on forums!

Quote Originally Posted by tsubasa View Post
    Oh yeah, suuuper tired these couple of days in particular for some reason. I feel kind of like I did when I had mono years ago! Just sitting on the couch and trying to convince myself that I need to get up and put away the laundry. Half an hour later still sitting there trying to convince myself! Wow...
    Delphian, I'm jealous! I love DB when I've been for a visit. It's kind of like culture shock! Do you have a dog? I've got a 9 year old shih tzu. Boy would she love to have a yard of her own, but she's stuck in my flat.
    Hi there tsubasa!
    No dog I'm afraid, but two cats, including a 9/10 year old cat. Maybe we can introduce them as playmates! Sadly, I don't have a yard either - I really wish I did...have you got over your tiredness yet? I'm not quite there, I keep hearing 16 weeks, so two more to go until I can go whirling around everywhere again!!

Hi Ladies,
    Just a small apology as I now realise that I have completely polluted the forum with my messages. I really am not sure how to write to people privately...and I have been away for a while, so just catching up on what you have all been up to! ;)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast