Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

August 2011!

cathryn is offline Registered User

Thanks, yeah I'm thinking about doing that, he did show some 3d parts today (its face) but I thought it just looked really odd, he said there was an arm or umbilical cord over its face.

I was so looking forward to this scan and just feel so disappointed with it now, also I didn't even see 2 legs, I think I saw 1 leg but it wasn't very clear. I think being back in the UK you actually have a sonographer do the scan and this is all they do all day long so they seemed better than the doctor I saw today, maybe he doesn't do it as often...

I think I will get a 3d scan in a few weeks

tsubasa is offline Registered User

At least you got pictures! At the public hospital they won't even let you take photos of the printed pictures that they keep. We asked specifically and they said, no, because it's their medical records and they wouldn't let us take pictures of other things in the medical file either. I was like... uh, actually it's MY medical records....
    But my husband was very clever... During the scan (about 20 min.) the technition pulled a curtain around me separating my husband and I for some reason, and he was able to stand right on the other side of the curtain and record the entire video with his cell phone! haha so he's got the video anyhow, but still, it's kind of hard to make out what we were looking at most of the time. I did get a really clear shot of the baby's big nose, just like mine! :)

Alright, so for anyone who is hoping to come to Shatin Starbucks this Saturday, (see my previous post) I have long dark blonde curly hair and I will wear big red barrettes to be easily spotted! :) P.M. me if you need my phone number. Hope to see some of you there!

KBear is offline Registered User

Hope to see you all there on Saturday.
    Congrats on gender news tsubasa!!
    Cathryn, welcome to HK! Hope you're settling in ok.
    x

cathryn is offline Registered User

Thanks KBear. Does anyone on here have children already and fancy meeting up during the week one day with kids? I cant really meet at the weekend as always busy with my husband organising things to do with the new house we move to next month, plus would be great for my son to meet other playmates. If anyone is interested my son is 2 (nearly 3) and we could go to a playcentre or park.

Yay, I gained two pounds last week! Told you guys I've been eating like crazy! Finally paying off!! That puts me at... four pounds gained so far an 23 weeks, but at this rate I will catch up quick! Can't stop eating....

emy5 is offline Registered User

Hi Everyone,
    I've just discovered this forum. I'm due at the end of July with my first bb, eek! (Although I'm due in July, I'm trying my luck on the August thread too.) I'm from UK, live in Mid Levels and booked to deliver at the Matilda with Dr Ghosh. Although I've lived in HK for a few years, I don't know many Mums. I'd love to meet up with other Mums-to-be to chat and share experiences. Please let me know if there is a group of you that meets that I could join. If anyone would like to meet for a coffee one afternoon, please get in touch. Cheers, Emy

kaandy is offline Registered User

Meet Up

Hi Ladies

I'm actually due in Dec, so am part of the other due -date club. However i really wanted to read about your experiences so far, as you are a few months ahead of me, so can probably give a bit of advice/guidance.

I'm a first time mum, and have my 12 week scan next week. I'm booked into Matilda and was fortunate enough to get a place.

Are you ladies planning to meet anytime soon? It would be nice to meet other mums to be, regardless of the due date.

Hope you are all doing well.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast