Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

August 2011!

tsubasa is offline Registered User

August 2011!

Hi Everyone! I'm due August 2nd. This is my first pregnancy and it's very exciting and scary at the same time. Happy to have found this website!

KBear is offline Registered User
    Hello, I'm also due in August with my 1st, as you say it is scary & exciting! Have read through some other forums which is great for bits of advice, especially as we've just moved here and everything is still so new!

Well welcome to Hong Kong! I'm from the US and have been teaching here for three and a half years and my husband is from here. We live in the New Territories. If there's anything I can help with let me know! Not a pro yet on the baby scene but learning a lot so far! Have you decided where to have your baby? I'm going public with Prince of Wales in Shatin but have been seeing a private doctor from Shatin Union Hospital as well for check ups.

Thanks! We moved here a week before Christmas but loving what we've seen so far. Originally from the UK, so enjoying the mild winter here!
    We're hoping to have the baby in Matilda hospital, we've been to look around & liked it, and have a British obstetrician so language is no problem. How are you feeling so far?

I've got a friend who had her son at Matilda and it was a really positive experience for her. I'm sure it will be a good choice for you.
    I've been feeling very sleepy, mostly! Was on bedrest at home for most of last month, but am back to work now. Haven't had bad morning sickness, but do get to feeling nauseous sometimes, usually in the evenings. Oh and sooooore boobs.... haha. I'm still counting my blessings I haven't been puking like so many others! Are you feeling alright? The flight over from the UK must have been loads of fun! :)

delphian is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies. I've just been informed about these 'due date clubs' through an experienced geobaby forum user! It sounds like a good idea. I am due on the 10th of August and live in Discovery Bay - the 'dogs and babies' village! I'm still trying to find my way around the systems here. I am definitely going public and hope to give birth at Queen Mary, but I would like to have some scans done privately - I have already seen Dr. Lam in Central for my 8 week scan. It's also my first pregnancy, so it's all a but daunting!

That's good to hear, always nice to know others have found the experience ok.

Similar sypmtoms to me, I feel very lucky really as I have a friend who's a few weeks ahead of me & she's been violently ill everyday since the start, poor thing. You must be exhausted if you're working full time at the minute?

Yes, the long flight wasn't exactly fun, & the jetlag on arrival was pretty bad too! Not sure if I'll go back to the UK before delivery as I'm dreading a repeat performance, but also with an uncomfortable bump!

Hi delphian, sounds like we're all in the same boat so we can share our fears & questions with each other!
    Where are you from, have you lived in HK long?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast