Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

The Real Deal With Cloth Diapers in Hong Kong?

kip1 is offline Registered User

Just a question about washing cloth diapers. Our washing machine only is connected to cold water but I read on the instructions in cloth that they need warm wash??

lalligirl is offline Registered User

i also love my cloth nappies.
    I use baby beehinds - i mostly went with them because my friend in australia is a rep for them. I can't remember how much i spent initially, but i think it's worth it! i'm not sure if you can get them here/get them shipped here (www.babybeehinds.com.au). i got enough to was roughly every 2nd day. they get a bit stinky if you leave them sitting for any longer than that!
    i went with a mix of 'one size fits most' which need a liner (they press-stud onto the nappy) & a cover, and 'magic-alls', which are similar to fuzzibunz. for the one size fits most, the same nappy can be used from newborn to whenever (for most kids). i prefer these to the magic alls as i've found them to be generally more absorbent. the magic alls are good for when you're out as they're much easier to put on & take up less space in the wet bag (i would recommend getting at least 2 wetbags - i only got one & it always seemed to be in the wash when i needed it!)
    as for extras, i got a few booster liners, which give some extra padding for night time. i also agree that flushable liners are the best thing ever! if there is some remaining poo, i just hose them off into the toilet (i have a hand-held shower head, right next to the loo).
    i have never soaked them. I have hot water, so not sure how you'll go with cold only...but i thought the washing machine itself heated the water...maybe i'm wrong, or maybe it depends on the machine. I don't have a dryer & think that drying them in the sun is definitely the best way to go - gets rid of stains. i dry mine flat so the elastic doesn't stretch - that prolongs their life, apparently. if they get a bit stinky, i put a bit of bi-carb soda in with the wash & that seems to help. there are a lot of tips online about washing them, which i've looked at frequently!

you'll need a decent sized bucket with a lid, regardless of whether you'll soak or not.

i also bought cloth wipes, but in the end i didn't use them for long coz a few of them went mouldy over summer (they were wet for too long, i think).

that's all i can think of right now!

RileyC is offline Registered User

I am also investigating cloth diapers, and have found the cloth diaper reviews on youtube to be rather informative. Just type in the brand of cloth diapers you are researching.

Can anyone give any feedback on the Charlie Banana cloth diapers, which are available at ThreeSixty? Any good?

ozmerc is offline Registered User

RileyC - I'm seriously considering buying the Charlie Banana nappies from 360. The price seems reasonable and I like the fact they can be used with either the cloth or disposable inserts. Additionally the website says you can wash in cold water (but recommends hanging in the sun). I haven't found any HK reviews but checked on Amazon and the reviews there are overall favourable, it seems a lot of Fuzzi Bunz users like them.

I also have Motherease which I used for my first from around 18 months, but I only ever used them at home and thus didn't bother with a cover or inserts. For the second I want something that has everything in one hence my interest in CB nappies.

RileyC is offline Registered User

Ozmerc, we should exchange notes on CB! I've decided to take the plunge and see how it goes. If I don't like it, I can always try something else.
    Posted via Mobile Device

taysty is offline Registered User

I'm also using cloth diaper for my baby at home. I use muslin, nappy liner and then a water proof cover. I recommend to use cloth diaper when baby don't poo as much or the poo is not as liquid. The liner is really a life saver when my baby poo on a cloth diaper. I then use disposable when I am out.

evgreen is offline Registered User

Hi ladies,

Have you had a chance to try to Charlie Banana diapers yet? I'm curious to know the results. Any problems with leaking? I saw them at Jason's marketplace and they seem decently priced.

Thanks!

catan is offline Registered User

If anyone is interested, I have 3 rumparooz all-in-one cloth diapers (includes 2 inserts for each diaper), wet bag, diaper pail bag, that I'd like to sell. The diapers are adjustable and can be used from newborn on. They were ordered new from the US. I was given these but found I prefer flats with water proof covers, so never used them.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast