Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

The Real Deal With Cloth Diapers in Hong Kong?

blackbeansalad is offline Registered User

Diaper Pail and Detergent

Hi all,
    Informative thread, thanks.
    Any luck finding special cloth-diaper detergent in HK? Also, a diaper pail?

catan is offline Registered User

The Bumps to Babes outlet in Ap Lei Chau sell special detergent and many types of diaper pails. Not sure if the detergent is specifically for cloth diapers, but I've been using it to wash baby's clothes and cloth diapers (flats) and it seems to work okay.

evgreen is offline Registered User

I bought washable diaper pail liners by Planet Wise on amazon and I plan to use it with a regular step trash can like Simple Human. You can wash the liner along with each load of diapers. Saves on cost and less plastic waste!

Last edited by evgreen; 07-18-2011 at 02:02 PM.

RileyC is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    I also use flushable and biodegradable nappy liners most of the time as this helps with minimises poo stains and having to scrape it off which is often not that easy!!!
    Would you mind sharing with us which nappy liners you use?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeansalad View Post
    Hi all,
    Informative thread, thanks.
    Any luck finding special cloth-diaper detergent in HK? Also, a diaper pail?
    I found a Tippytoes diaper pail at Bumps2Babes in Ap Lei Chau. It's white in colour (that's the only colour they had in stock at the time) and comes with a lid which I hope will minimise smells!

Quote Originally Posted by hkexpat2010 View Post
    Another question, what type of detergent is everyone using for their cloth diapers? In US they seem to have a bunch of special brands, but not sure what's available in Hong Kong that won't damage the diapers.

I'll be washing BumGenius and FuzziBunz...

Thanks!
    Here's a link to the care instructions on the FuzziBunz website: https://www.fuzzibunzstore.com/stati..._for_fuzzibunz

The two brands of detergent that they recommend, 7th Generation and ECOVER, are both available in ThreeSixty in the Landmark.

Quote Originally Posted by ozmerc View Post
    evgreen - I've been using charlie banana diapers for a week now for my newborn. I bought 'one size' and they are pretty big on a 4kg baby, but both the waist and legs are adjustable. They seem to be fine - no major leakages so far (though a newborn doesn't produce that much!) and I'm happy with them. I chose them for the price (around $750 for about 6 diapers and inserts) plus they have a disposable system option (disposable inserts instead of cloth inserts) and they say to wash them in cold water or water less than 40 C. We only have cold water at home and some cloth diaper brands recommend warm to hot water. I figured out that we'd pay for them in around 2-3 months by using them in place of disposables.
    Ozmerc, it's encouraging to hear that you're happy with the CB diapers. I also bought the one-size diapers. Are you using cloth diapers exclusively? How many CB diapers do you go through a day for a newborn?

As I've said, I've not yet had a chance to try mine out yet because the baby has yet to arrive. However, I've already run them through the cold water wash and have found that the diaper shells dry very quickly on the washing line. The liners take a little longer to dry. Do you use a dryer or line dry?

rebekah is offline Registered User

I just read up on the fuzzibunz vs Charlie Banana drama. FB owner has made a huge retraction and vehemently denies CB stole their product. They had a parting of ways but it seems it was a business dispute, not intellectual theft. Quite easy to find the information if you google it. Now I know why I was able to buy so many hugely discounted fuzzibunz last year! I have to say I personally have worked with Gaelle as a product tester when she was with fuzzinbbunz and she absolutely backed the product up when there were issues. I am sure that her customer service would be even better with her own brand, though I have not ey had the chance to use CB diapers.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast