Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

The Real Deal With Cloth Diapers in Hong Kong?

lalligirl is offline Registered User
    i just bought a fairly large bucket with a lid from a hardware-type stall in a wet market - cost less than $100, if i remember correctly. it doesn't really matter what you use, so long as it's big enough to hold two days' worth of nappies, & has a lid.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeansalad View Post
    Hi all,
    Informative thread, thanks.
    Any luck finding special cloth-diaper detergent in HK? Also, a diaper pail?

RileyC is offline Registered User
    ^lalligirl, I had in mind to do the exact same thing, but I couldn't find a hardware store that sold buckets with lids.

lalligirl is offline Registered User
    rileyC - i got mine at Hang Hau market...not sure if that's convenient for you or not!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I got a cheap bucket with a lid from Japan Home Centre.

smarties is offline Registered User
    Check out GroVia, it looks like it's a very nice cloth diaper. It's recommended by my friend who is using it now. The Hybrid version comes in 2 pieces, one is the shell with a snap in soaker pad (can used either organic cotton soaker pad or disposable). When changing your baby, you don't always need to change the shell, may be 1 shell goes with 2 to 3 soaker pad change. At least this well save some space to hang out the shell. I like the fact that it's made with organic cotton too. My friend like the Hybrid version, but I kind of like the AIO ... lazy to do the snapping, just 1 piece and that's all. :P

They even have the newborn AIO now, look so cute!!! :) At least the newborn baby don't need to wear a big diaper ... ;)

I searched the web and saw quite a good number of retailers carrying this one. I even found them on Facebook. Lots of cute pictures ...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GroVia...24030907630551

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    I decided to try Grovia hybrids and Fuzzibunz one size. Will let you know how it goes!

RileyC is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by hkexpat2010 View Post
    I decided to try Grovia hybrids and Fuzzibunz one size. Will let you know how it goes!
    Yes, please do!

smarties is offline Registered User
    I tried Fuzzi Bunz with my first child few years back and was very disappointed. There are mainly 2 issues that I have, 1) it leaked so bad, even with 1 wee, he was all wet (he was a very active boy and the insert never stay where it's supposed to be and didn't catch the wee very well) ... This happened more than 1/2 of the times. 2) the insert stink so badly after sometimes, you can smell him from far (found out that the insert which is made of polyester will become stinky after awhile ... Problem with polyester). So, we gave up after 9 long months with the Fuzzi Bunz.

That's why I am at constant lookout for a better option for my DD, don't want the same issues that we had before. I did picked up some GroVia hybrid (highly recommended by my friend) and also the GroVia AIO, I would have to say that it's such a great cloth diaper, wish that we have used this one for my first child. Overall (after just a few weeks), I am very happy with both version, absorbed very well, NO STINKY diaper, and NO leaking so far (finger crossed) ... oh! And I love the fact that it worked so well at night too, I used the AIO for her night time and nap time too :p. We just love it!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast