Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

The Real Deal With Cloth Diapers in Hong Kong?

emkbailey is offline Registered User

Charlie Banana diapers in the summer time?

It's great to hear you really like the Charlie Banana diapers, I'm going to use them too for my second baby - but quick question, while the fleece cover feels so nice and soft, do you think it will make summer time really hot for the baby? I guess all cloth diapers are somewhat "thick", though breathable....just wanted to get your take on that, thanks so much!

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User
    Update: I've been using the fuzzibunz one size I bought for about a month now on our 2 month old baby. So far, I'm really happy with them! We do a pre-rinse and post-rinse cycle and they never have stains. I've started using Bummis liners now when I think the little one is going to poo and I like that better.

We have had problems with the snaps coming off, but I think I just got a bad batch. I filled in a form on the fuzzibunz site to get them replaced and was sent new ones to the US within 2 weeks. They now have a lifetime replacement policy for their snaps which is fantastic.

For the grovia diapers I bought, I haven't really used them yet as even on the smallest setting, they don't fit my petite baby so when the baby pees, it runs right out side.

christinehd is offline Registered User
    I'm a 1st time mom, 2nd year in HK from the US, and am going to try cloth diapers as well because they're getting so popular in the States. I'm encouraged to see other moms in HK doing it, makes me feel less crazy, haha! I've ordered a bunch of different ones from the States via Amazon, hopefully will find the one(s) that works best for little one when he comes along in a month or so!

Currently have:

- Lil' Joey's (from Rumparooz) - one thing I already noticed when I washed them was they don't dry very quickly since it's an AIO and quite thick. It's meant for newborns & premies, very small & cute though
    - Rumparooz Diapers
    - Thirsties Duo Diapers - these seem to be my favorite so far just by looking at design and quality. But of course, haven't had a chance to try them yet!
    - Thirsties Duo Wrap
    - Bummis Tots Bots
    - Bummis Bio-degradeable Liner
    - BumGenius 2.0
    - Happy Heinys - seems pretty poor quality unfortunately...

I stayed away from Grovia on recommendation from CD friends back home in the States. But now am keen to check out Charlie Banana's too, since it seems most readily available here in HK.

Will hopefully have some more insights on how all those different brands work out in a few months!

evgreen is offline Registered User
    I've been using Charlie bananas for a couple months now and so far very pleased. No leaks other than the occasional blow out diaper. I use the sized and one sized and like them both. Also...haven't experienced any staining which is a plus!

Caro2010 is offline Registered User
    Hi!

I heard about 20% of HK landfills are filled with diapers so that is enough reason for me to use cloth diapers:

I use Charlie Banana, bought from luluhongkong.com bought the set of 6 small diapers to start and they were just below 1000HKD I think. Haven't tried any other brands but happy with CB, plus they are really cute!

Good luck and hope you choose cloth!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    I bought Charlie Banana Diapers at 360 in Kowloon back around Easter time. So far they've been good. Can't remember how much I paid for them. I bought two packs so that's 12 altogether. I'm going back to the States next month so will shop around more there as it's bound to be much cheaper than here with more selection. So happy to be doing cloth. But, now we just don't have enough diapers so a few times we've had to use disposables--need to have about 20+ in order to do it properly, I think. But, it's weird sometimes my daughter leaks right out the side of them...found the Charlie Banana ones don't fit too well around the legs sometimes. Oh, well...she's a fast learner and at at nearly 1.5-years-old I anticipate she'll potty train early...she just seems to be into picking up things very quickly. But, for the next baby...
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Charlie bananas are about 790 per pack of 6 at 360. It's actually about the same price here as it is in the states cause the company is actually from HK. They have a showroom in Hung Hom I think and you can buy direct from them.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by evgreen View Post
    Charlie bananas are about 790 per pack of 6 at 360. It's actually about the same price here as it is in the states cause the company is actually from HK. They have a showroom in Hung Hom I think and you can buy direct from them.
    Yeah, there are much cheaper options in the States simply because there is more competition and there isn't that mark-up. Cloth diapers are expensive but there are all kinds of brands to choose from. Unfortunately, not as easy to get the selection and quality here in HK.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast