Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bathtub for baby

southside852 is offline Registered User

Bathtub for baby

My 11 week year old son has outgrown the baby bath that we bought (the plastic one). He's over 16 lbs and quite long. He's too young to sit up in the regular tub so I am wondering what Mummy's have done in this in between stage - too long for the infant tub and too small for the regular tub. Any suggestions?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I just use the regular tub with my four month old (she is developmentally delayed and is nowhere near sitting yet). I hold onto her so she's laying down, but I'm supporting her neck. I probably could use a baby bath still but the regular tub is "easier" since I don't have to get it out and move it around etc. Although it's a bit more effort holding her, so her baths are only short. But long enough to get clean, that's what counts ;)

southside852 is offline Registered User

yes, that's what we've been doing for now too, but he's just so darn heavy! haha! thanks!

Portia is offline Registered User

I bought a large plastic tub from one of those local hardware stores. It's bigger than the standard baby bath and saves on having fill up the whole tub.

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User

Hi

We have a self standing reclining chair (not a great description I know!), that has suckers on the bottom so you can place it in a normal bath tub baby can sit in it unsupoorted and it leaves your hands free to wash/ play with baby. We got ours a few years ago for our eldest child at bumps to babes- but my 9 weeks old has been using it since birth with no problems at all, in fact it means his sister can get in the bath at the same time as I still have hands free to supervise her as well.

On the mama ad papas website it is called a bath support, not just the seat which would only work for baby who was sitting up on their own

Scroll to top